PDA

View Full Version : Larger ballast bags?

Fman
04-14-2009, 01:03 AM
I have an '08 Sunpsort 22V with the Gravity III ballast system. I heard there are larger bags available for the rear, I currently have two 400 lb rear bags and a 600 lb center bag. I was also considering doubling them up on one side to give me 800 lbs on the wakesurf side. I like to wakesurf and want to throw a monster wake, I am assuming adding some larger rear bags will help the cause. I currently am filling the center and drivers side and the wake is good, but I want even a larger wake.

Does anyone know if the larger bags are available?

Thanks
Fman

P.S. If anyone has any tips for creating larger wakes for wakesurfing, please drop me a line! falling at 10 mph is so nice.... a great sport for people with bad backs!

spencerwm
04-14-2009, 07:56 PM
You have a couple of options for the rear locker sacs. For your boat I suggest using the 750lb Fly High Fat Sacs (50" x 20" x 20"). Replace your current sacs and use the factory system to fill and drain. There is also the Gravity Games Rear sac coming in at 565lbs. (19" x 19" x 42") but it is more expensive.

Spencer
[email protected]

Fman
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
I just ordered a set of the 20x20x50 Fly-Hi Pro X series bags for the rear from boardco.com, they are reasonably priced at $149/each. I did have to request Supra fittings to attach to the current Supra fittings on the boat. If my math is correct that should give me a total of 1900 lbs of ballast with all three bags filled. Assuming the center bag is 400 lbs.

I will probably only load the drivers and center bag for wake surfing, still a respectable 1150 lbs of ballast.... should be a nice wake to surf on! Falling at 10 mph is becoming more and more attractive for my body these days.... getting older really stinks.

jbrannon156
04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Check and make sure you have a big enough prop to handle the extra weight. I changed my bags on my boat and it was relatively inexpensive, until I wasn't getting on plane. $500.00 for a bigger prop and I am on plane now with a bigger wake. Stick with fly high sacks they are plug and play with the fittings you have on your boat.

Fman
04-30-2009, 11:29 PM
What prop did you put on your boat?

I have the CNC wakeboard prop on it, or at least it was a listed "upgrade" item on the spec sheet. I had 11 people in the boat the other day with stock ballasts full and it did not seem to have any problems plaining.

phenom_1819
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
One other thing you may want to do is add more weight to the nose. Many with your setup upgrade to the 1150 lb. Gravity Games sack in the playpen locker (it fits perfectly, from what I hear). Adding another 300 lbs or so towards the bow only makes the wake better.

With too much weight in the back, you will find your wake will be very steep and will break at the top. Weight up front cleans it up.