PDA

View Full Version : audio static noise question

mvd
04-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi

When my motor from my 2009 supra launch 22 ssv is running i hear an weak high pitched tone comming from my speakers (interior and tower). Its realy high pitch, weak but highly anoying.

What can do to solve this and had anyone else this problem.
Also i hear the wakeplate give an high pitched tone when it is in use.
Also when i switch on my tower lights i hear the click over my speakers.

Any advise would be welcome.

Salty87
04-14-2009, 04:47 PM
your rca or speaker wires must be run too close to 12v power wires. the best solution is to re-route the wires but that's not always possible or feasible. you can also get a filter that reduces the whine but might not help much with wakeplate or tower light issues.

i'd start by taking a look at the stereo wiring and see if there is anything obvious like rca's being routed next to power wire.

mvd
04-15-2009, 01:31 AM
your rca or speaker wires must be run too close to 12v power wires. the best solution is to re-route the wires but that's not always possible or feasible. you can also get a filter that reduces the whine but might not help much with wakeplate or tower light issues.

i'd start by taking a look at the stereo wiring and see if there is anything obvious like rca's being routed next to power wire.

Yep, i saw that the rca, power lines and remote cables are all bundeld and tie-rapt together. I will make them loose and separate them.
Strange that the supra designers and engineers are not aware of this problem en route the cables an other way? I doubt if they use shielded cables??

saltare inverts
04-16-2009, 12:26 AM
It may be the rcas to close to a power line etc. but most stereo wine come from a poor ground. Make sure your grounds lines are large enough and connected well.

mvd
04-17-2009, 02:00 AM
It may be the rcas to close to a power line etc. but most stereo wine come from a poor ground. Make sure your grounds lines are large enough and connected well.

Do you mean the ground of the headunit or the amps?
I can expect that the Supra engineers connect the amps in a good way?
Why is this problem not solved in yhe factory? Or am i the only one with this problem?

86Pirata454
04-19-2009, 10:20 PM
could be spark plug wires, i have seen this on older cars with high resistance wires making noise in the radio

skibumtx
09-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Did you solve your issue? I also have a low pitch hum coming thru my radio. Not sure if the plugs I put in are resister plugs or not.

SZEH
09-27-2009, 10:26 AM
mvd,

I hear a very slight pop with my interior speakers when I adjust my wakeplate. I don't have an interior amp. I'll check to see how my radio wires are run...that's a good point. It's all factory wired at Supra. I'll try to seperate the hu wires from any power wires.

Unfortunately, I have an amp that runs my tower speakers and sub and that same slight pop is sent to my amp via the RCA outs and greatly amplified and I hear it through my tower speakers. I know it's not from the RCAs because I can faintly hear the pop through the interior speakers with no amp on.

I'm afraid I'm going to damage my speakers with that pop so I either shut off my amp, or turn the volume way down before I adjust the wake plate.

I think that it's something with the actual hu wiring and then sent to all speakerss including the RCA outs. Let us know if you solve this with rerouting any wires.

I know with the 2010 model they are no longer using the Kenwood hu and switching to MB Quart. Curious if past issues will be addressed with a different hu???

The whinning sound you hear I believe is a bad ground. Check the connection and also make sure your ground wire is big enough for the amp is you have one.

Scott

skibumtx
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I beefed up the ground a bit, so we'll see if it is better this afternoon.