PDA

View Full Version : 89 Supra Saltare convertion to Salt Air

SuperSaltAir
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi guys I am new to the forum but I recently started a new project I think you might be interested in seeing I have pics and write ups coming up but for now here is the video I am converting an 89 supra Saltare in to a modern wakeboarding boat

Oh and by the way there is a bit of profanity on the video song so if that bothers you you might want to turn it down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2kQ-JodfI

TayTay
04-15-2009, 04:49 PM
That looks like a pretty awesome project! Are you finished or still working on it? ETA on completion if its not done? The tower looks really good. I like the swept back look. I am eager to see more pics or videos! Keep us updated!

mapleleaf
04-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the forum!
That looks like you're getting into it forsure!, You'll find a wealth of knowledge here on similar project's.
Keep us posted the video deck removal was pretty cool all in one take!!!

saltare inverts
04-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Glad to have ya. I am fairly new here myself. I am in the middle of rebuilding my 86 Supra Super Saltaire. I just finished replacing the steering cable tonite and I am rebuilding the interior. I hope to see more of you here.

SuperSaltAir
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I just took the top off two days ago and I have more pics and stuff coming on the way when I get some spare time I hope to have it back together in the next two weeks and completet by the time bro stock rolls around in june so I can take it out there

Salty87
04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
cool, my 87 saltare was rotten to hell when i opened it up but i knew that before i started. i'm curious to see what shape yours is in. some pics of my project here: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=2871&highlight=saltare

i thought about putting ballast tanks under the floor but just wanted to get it all back together by the time it was over. i didn't feel like messing with custom tanks (ran out of money). you're gonna have to re-design some of it to make the time/cost worthwhile. the stringers really limit the size of tanks you can fit, unless you go with 2 tanks on each side of the boat and let the stringer run between the tanks.

are you going with gate valves on the transom?

good luck

saltare inverts
04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Salty,nice to see pics of all the work you did. I love to see the tenacity. Amazing what wifes deal with. I have started projects all over. Specially now with my boat taking up our huge garage all pulled apart. Your boat looks great.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-17-2009, 01:10 PM
There was someone selling an 87 Saltaire near me that redid the floors and put 2k lbs ballast under the floor or so the ad said. I can't watch youtube at work, so lets see some pics! :)