PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a mechanic? Wakeboard Pro Problem

Fman
04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
This is the last of my bugs to work out on my Sunsport, and actually it may have been caused by the dealer. I have an Indmar 340HP CAT ETX (08 sunsport 22v), I kept getting the maintenace required prompt on the center console display. Took it into dealership #1 they ordered a new 02 sensor, installed it but could not get the maintenace required prompt to go away. I bought my boat from dealership #1 that lost Supra boats, they now tell me I have to take it across town to the official "Supra" dealership #2 to have them properly reset the computer. According to #1 they dont have the updated software and Supra wont give it to them because they no longer sell Supra boats.

So everything seems fine after I take it across town to dealership #2, they get rid of the "mr" light, and I take the boat out the next day and everything is running perfect. I turn on the wakeboard pro v6.5 and set my speed and plate in manual mode, etc etc... boarders in the water, go to give it throttle and nothing... I have no throttle response at all when perfect pass is activated now. I can engage the throttle 100% and will get nothing but a slight hesitation at 100%. Almost as if the boat is missing. If I turn off the perfect pass the boat responds and runs perfectly. Anyone have any ideas?

The ironic thing is the perfect pass worked fine before I took it in to have the 02 sensor replaced. The dealership #2 that sells Supra boats is trying to figure out what to do but it sounds like they really do not know whats going on. They are contacting Supra techs to help them out. I also have a couple contacts at Supra that are looking in to what could cause this problem. One person mentioned the ECU was loaded with the wrong software and it cant communicate with the wakeboard pro?

Just thought I would post this to see if any mechanics out there have encountered this problem, and I could pass it along to the dealership. It would be nice to get this resolved sooner than later.

Thanks fo any input anyone has that I might pass on to the dealership working on my boat.

JUST-IN-TIME
04-19-2009, 05:10 AM
yes they loaded the wrong sofeware up

86Pirata454
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
its probably a dumb question but whats pro pass? I know the older boats haha

Fman
04-20-2009, 11:50 AM
yes they loaded the wrong sofeware up

That seems to be the same response I just recieved from Skiers Choice and there tech department. I am going to take the boat down to the Supra dealer this week, where I should have gone in the first place and have them install the proper software.

Another learning experience, make sure and take your boat to a dealer that knows what they are doing!

Fman
04-20-2009, 11:54 AM
its probably a dumb question but whats pro pass? I know the older boats haha

Perfect Pass Pro is a version of Perfect Pass created exclusively for Supra boats. It holds eight different names in the computer bank, all names can be individually programmed with speed, wakeplate settings, etc... its a very sweet set-up, takes a little time to figure out how to use, but once you have it figured it out pretty cool. The nice feature about this system is it also has a manual mode that can be adjusted on the fly if you dont want to use the individual name settings.

tg0824SSVGG
04-20-2009, 12:53 PM
To be totally honest, there are several "Pro" versions of Perfect Pass that have
the "stored name" feature.

For instance, I had a Wakeboard Pro perfect pass on the old stern drive and save 6-8
names.

If someone were adding one to an older (not factory equipped) boat, you could still
get the "Pro" version to store names, etc - but what you would not get was the "supra
specific" storage of the position of the wake-plate.

klewis
07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Uhhhh...I'm having this problem now on my 08 Launch.

Just went through new CAT Temp Sensor replacement issue too, got a software recalibration in the process that is supposed to prevent the sensor from going out again.

And now when I throttle down with PP on I get nothing.

Fman- This whole thing sounds identical to your situation, what was the final solution? Indmar sent the software update to my dealer so did they screw up or did the dealer when they did the actual recalibration?

klewis
07-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Bingo! Took the boat in today and sure enough they had flashed the ECM with the Moomba version of the software instead of the correct Supra one. Should be all fixed now, will know when I hit the water this weekend.

For anyone that is experiencing a similar problem your dealer can hook up the computer and check the "Calibration Checksum" to see which software you have. Supra=331D and Moomba=FCAA