PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe how my restoration has ended.

Grandorleans
04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Well all my hard work and money has been spent for nothing. Last night at 1:15 am a HUGE oak tree crashed into my baby. The body in really bad shape:(. I do however have a couple bright spots. I can put numerous items up for sale to recoup my loss. So if any of you have any requests let me hear em, and I'll check if its salvagable. Heres a quick list of items that I know are in great shape. New strut. oil cooler, bimini, boat cover, rudder, gas tank, prop, & many engine components (just ask). I just got a new prop shaft, but will try return it to skidim.com. There is a lot more, I will add to the list as we get the debris off and I inspect it better. I guess someone was trying to tell me not to take this boat out on the water. Oh well, on to the next project... feel free to email me any requests. [email protected]
And thanks to all for the great advice over the last 4 months. The restoration was almost a great success.
fyi.. its an 87 comp ts6m

Salty87
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
GO...

my sincere condolences, hate to see an old supra go out like that. there's a guy on iboats that the exact same thing happened to.

that must have been from the thunderstorms that moved thru? it came through austin friday. it brought lake travis up a foot or more.

i hope your insurance helps out. are you going boat shopping?...great time to be a buyer

tg0824SSVGG
04-19-2009, 10:05 PM
oh, man ... I am SOO sorry - that stinks

Blackntan90
04-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Very sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences. What a sad time for all of us...

csuggs
04-20-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't know what to say - I've read your threads and was interested in your progress. Too bad that happened after you got "attached". Like someone said though, great time to be a buyer.

Okie Boarder
04-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Yikes, that sucks! Hopefully the insurance will take good care of you. I'm sure that won't compensate for your time, though.

I might be interested in buying a pitot off you. When I was working on buffing this weekend I broke the tube plastice portion where the tube connects. I'm trying to reattach it with some super glue or epoxy, but if that doesn't work I'd like to get a new one so both speedos work.

Fman
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Well all my hard work and money has been spent for nothing. Last night at 1:15 am a HUGE oak tree crashed into my baby. The body in really bad shape:(. I do however have a couple bright spots. I can put numerous items up for sale to recoup my loss. So if any of you have any requests let me hear em, and I'll check if its salvagable. Heres a quick list of items that I know are in great shape. New strut. oil cooler, bimini, boat cover, rudder, gas tank, prop, & many engine components (just ask). I just got a new prop shaft, but will try return it to skidim.com. There is a lot more, I will add to the list as we get the debris off and I inspect it better. I guess someone was trying to tell me not to take this boat out on the water. Oh well, on to the next project... feel free to email me any requests. [email protected]
And thanks to all for the great advice over the last 4 months. The restoration was almost a great success.

Everything happens for a reason, at least thats what I believe... what a great time to go out and purchase a newer or brand new Supra. There are some fantastic deals right now. I would have never thought about buying my boat a couple years ago at $60-65k, this market is allowing the average joe to get into some sweet boats. I was able to save about 30% off the msrp.

Keep an eye out there are some fantastic deals out there! If you are interested, the dealer by my house has a 2008 Sunsport 24V fully loaded (Rad-a-cage, Z5 cargo rack, upgraded sound system, heater, perfect pass pro, 340 HP indmar, gravity III ballast system, etc...) for $43k. The color is white/blue/grey, a really nice boat.

Best of luck.... and sorry for your loss.

mapleleaf
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Really sorry to hear that.... don't know what the reason would be, but I guess everything happens for one......
You'll have to put a force field around the next one.....

knoble
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
How much do you want for the Bimini? What color is it and how wide is it at the mounting points?

milner351
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I'd be interested in the driver seat, back seat, and fuel tank - but shipping will likely be nuts to the detroit area....

rludtke
05-23-2009, 01:55 AM

This make me sick, Sorry for your loss.

I would be interested in your mooring cover if you still have it.

Send me an Email: [email protected]

wmiedema
06-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I would be interested in the SuperTrapps if you still have them

c43amg
06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
how much for the boat and trailer? I can fix it.

ess3489
06-22-2009, 03:14 PM
pm sent for the driveshaft and strut. email me at [email protected] with info thanks

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-14-2009, 06:08 PM
How much you wanting to get for the whole boat and trailer?

aamees88
07-22-2009, 01:35 PM