PDA

View Full Version : 86 ts6m swimplatform install help

Mattyman
04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone. I picked up an 86 ts6m at the end of last summer, which came with a swim platform that was not installed. I just pulled the boat out of storage and gave it a quick once over to try and figure out how big of a task this would be.

Does anyone have any instructions on removing the rear seat and getting access to the location where the gas tank is? This should allow me to reach back there for installation of the back plates once I drill through the rear for the mounting bracket holes.

How tough of a job is this? Any help or instruction anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

mapleleaf
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey welcome to the forum...
Lots of good threads here about this topic, if I was more computer literate I'd throw in a link here!!
Pretty sure access is good; once you remove the gas tank and shallow storage locker lid.
You back seat should simply be screwed in below the seat cushions, with the back seat out, a few more things become visible. The gas tank is a little more involved, I've yet to remove mine '90 Conbrio, with the back seat out you'll be able to gauge how tough the rest of it will be....
Standard Supra forum Question.......

Got any pic's?????

John

hammbone76
04-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey Mattyman,
You shouldn't need to take any of the rear items out. The holes should be threaded, and you should be able to just screw the bolts right in.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-28-2009, 10:38 AM
The rear seat is just screwed together. Start removing screws and it will lift right off. Hopefully though you don't need to. I have a bunch of pics of this area if you need them. Check my gallery.

Mattyman
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I just noticed while looking at the rear of my boat closely last weekend that there were holes there at some point. They look like they have been filled. Did all ts6m's come with swim platforms? Were there indeed threaded holes that the platform screwed into? If so, I can't believe that the hull of the boat supported all that weight with a few threaded screw holes...

I think the only way I will know what to do is to pull the whole back seat out.