PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard pro

airtime
09-22-2003, 07:24 PM
I went otu for the first time with my son And had a hard time maintaining my speed? I have not pulled a skier in 15 years and this is my first Supra , a 2001 Launch with a 320 and a wake plate. I am thinking of a wakeboard pro and my dealer will install it for 1000.00, any body use one? also how can I make the wake smaller? I have two bags one in the back and one in the "Basement" should I fill the Basement bag? My son is only 11 so I want to start out small

brian91comp
09-23-2003, 02:42 PM
I don't know enough info. about your son, but if he isn't clearing the wake then don't fill either bag. He should be able to do all the spins, grabs, and most inverts behind an empty boat. Once he has cleared the wake and wants to go bigger they fill the sacks. Best of Luck, Brian

09-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Orginally posted by airtime
how can I make the wake smaller?
Like Brian said, just leave the 3 bags empty.

Also, make sure the wakeplate is fully trimmed in/down. This lenghens the boat, and therefore the rear of the boat sinks less = less wake.

Hope this helps! Keith.

09-25-2003, 05:12 PM
Get the Perfect Pass! That is money well spent. Once you have the system you will never go back, and you will wonder why you ever drove without it. As for making the wake smaller, just don't fill the ballast untill your son is comfortable jumping the wake. You have to walk before you run. Enjoy your new boat.

jmiller
09-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Get the Perfect Pass! It is money well spent. Once you have it you will wonder why anyone drives without it. As for the wake, let your son get comfortable jumping the wake with the boat unweighted. This will greatly decrease the amount of pop he feels at the wake, and will make the wake much less intimidating. Also, you will find the wake has its best shape with the wake plate all the way up(putting it down is really good for skiing and crusing). Once he is comfortable with toe and heel side jumps then fill the ballast. For XXL wakes fill the rear ballast and put another sac in the rear trunk. From my experience the more weight at or behind the motorbox the merrier. Enjoy your new boat.