PDA

View Full Version : Viper Customs.

saltare inverts
04-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Finally took everyones advice and called Viper customs. Got what I needed and lots of helpful imfo. Thanks to everyone here for leading me to him, he will be taking alot of my money.

csuggs
04-23-2009, 07:55 AM
I found Jim to be helpful and genuine - glad to hear he had what you needed.

wotan2525
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
He's been helping me out, too.... what is he supplying you with? How are the new stringers coming?

saltare inverts
04-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Wotan, no stringers here. Just new interior, stereo and anything in my way. Just finished new steering cable and strut bushings. I ordered new rub rail and some various ss bolts from viper. Here is a picture of my old strut bushings, not sure I should have replaced them. They look to have another couple hundred hours left in them. What does everyone think?

mapleleaf
04-23-2009, 06:11 PM
not sure about the strut bearings, but I have been on the phone twice and been emailing with Jim @ Viper and can't believe how gracious he is. It's about time we had a thread here about his shop.
He'll be shipping me some stuff next week, and he has been more than helpful with every question I have had.
I wish everyone I did business with was Jim Jackson!!!!
wotan, he's sending me rub rail and three windows for my windsheld....and whatever else I can afford before next Friday!!!!!

ronald
04-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey guys Jim is a great guy. I took someones advice here and called and ordered a new hydraulic pump from him. He charged me $170. for one when the MFG quoted me the same but with an exchange, and Jim did not want the exchange. Great guy and good advice. I hope more people give business his way.

Ron

jasonba1
04-24-2009, 11:51 PM
So glad my adivce about Jim at viper is helping everyone. He has been great and is the most knowledgeable and reasonably priced person I have come across. I would highly reccomend that if everyone comes to the area go by and see his work first hand or if you need any supra parts to give him a call.

jonyb
04-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Or maybe you guys can post some pics of what he's doing :wink:

mapleleaf
04-25-2009, 10:15 AM
pic's would be good, can somebody get some of his shop!!!! haha I bet it's awesome!!!!!!

jasonba1
04-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I see what I can do about some pics. I need to go down there sometime next week anyway to bring my boat batteries

mapleleaf
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
boat batteries huh..... Must be getting close!!!!!!

jasonba1
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Very close if I would quit changing and adding stuff it wouold be done lol!!!!

jonyb
05-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Stopped by and met Jim and Jason today.... They've got some pretty serious projects in there, but I'm pretty impressed with what they've got going on.

Thanks for showing me around today Jason!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
05-12-2009, 08:48 AM
do they have a website at all??

jasonba1
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
He has a webaddress but there is nothing on it but his logo. THis is his busy time of year so once he slows down he is going to redo all of it and put before and after pics. of his projects and what all he offers. As soon as it is up I will let everyone know.

John very nice to meet you and I am sure I will see when you pick up your boat. If anyone needs stereo equip. install or questions I would highly reccomend John great guy. Also he has one of the sharpest supra's I have ever seen.

John while your boat is down here if you need anything let me know. Also keep me informed of when you are coming and I will let you know if we have any events going on. Are you going to board bonanza in Nashville? I am going to try and come up this year for it.

jonyb
05-12-2009, 04:47 PM
He has a webaddress but there is nothing on it but his logo. THis is his busy time of year so once he slows down he is going to redo all of it and put before and after pics. of his projects and what all he offers. As soon as it is up I will let everyone know.

John very nice to meet you and I am sure I will see when you pick up your boat. If anyone needs stereo equip. install or questions I would highly reccomend John great guy. Also he has one of the sharpest supra's I have ever seen.

John while your boat is down here if you need anything let me know. Also keep me informed of when you are coming and I will let you know if we have any events going on. Are you going to board bonanza in Nashville? I am going to try and come up this year for it.

I've gotta say, Jim seems like the jack-of-all-trades, and he's mastered most of what I've seen. Here's something I was admiring at his place. The tubing looks like something from a wake tower.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Roadtrips/DSC_7386.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Roadtrips/DSC_7387.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Roadtrips/DSC_7388.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Roadtrips/DSC_7389.jpg

csuggs
05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
WHere do you hook the rope?

jonyb
05-16-2009, 10:38 PM
That's just to protect the drunks from falling out when they roll it.

I needed that on my big block cart that would run 60.... RIP :(

csuggs
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Big block cart didn't make it huh? lol Hope nobody got hurt! I have an older Club Car (1988 model) with the aluminum work bed. That thing's a tank! It just keeps going! I'd like to put a lift and big wheels on it, but I'm afraid of what it will do to the performance.

chautauquasun
05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Does Jim at viper build those carts? I used to live in Knoxville and used to see those things all the time. Always wondered where they came from.

jasonba1
05-18-2009, 06:27 PM
yea Jim builds them. He also does the lift kits hummer and jeep front ends all that crazy custom stuff on carts. He also has full bimini tops to fit on top of thise carts Id like to get one but spend to much on the boat