04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
here is my newly wrapped 22 ssv

mvd
04-27-2009, 12:00 PM
wow

What happend to your "old" wrapping??

enolten
04-27-2009, 12:58 PM
was kinda tired of it...and...my GF was not 'involved' at that time with the wrap...this time she was, so now she is happy and so am I ;) ...alles goed in NL????

enolten
04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
last pic i am going to post...

csuggs
04-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Is that Lake Lanier that is shown in your pics? My folks used to ski there in the 50's - heard all about it! I thought the levels were still low.

Oh, and by the way, sweet ride you got there!

enolten
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
that's lanier...less than 7 ' low...a lot better than the 19' that it was last year...great lake..lots of coves and beaches...

SZEH
04-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I launched for the first time this year up at Vann Tavern Park on Lanier. The dock at the ramp is actually floating and there's water in the lake!!! Floated a bit and then had to make a stop at Cocktail Cove to do a little people watching. Nothing's changed....thank God! The new wrap on your boat looks awsome. You'll be easy to spot. I saw another boat in the cove with a wrap. It was a cruiser type with a white cap wave type of wrap all over it. That one stands out too, but actually looks better from further away. Doesn't really work. Great job on yours!

jasonba1
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Dude your wrap is sick, great job and design

enolten
04-27-2009, 04:25 PM
it's great to see the waterlevel back up...actually u can go boarding again in 4 mile creek...actually was out at Cocktail cove for a little while on sat. also..about the wrap...can't give enuf credit to Nick over at Z-decals...he must have gotten nutz about all the changes i wanted...but it was worth it...pics dont do the design justice...there is so much details in it is is unbelievable...

H2Oman
04-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Nice! That will get some looks on the lake and on the road!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Wow! That is one of the best looking wraps I have ever seen and your boat is totally freaking rocked out. Contratulations on finding the secret of life. :D And PLEASE don't stop posting the pics! We LOVE em!

TayTay
04-28-2009, 05:38 PM
That wrap looks really awesome. It is somthing that I am considering doing to my boat but I need to save the $$. They are kinda spendy. Looks really great though!

mvd
04-29-2009, 11:01 AM
was kinda tired of it...and...my GF was not 'involved' at that time with the wrap...this time she was, so now she is happy and so am I ;) ...alles goed in NL????

Alles goed hier.
Boat is in the water, when you are here again give me a e-mail

Schmo
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Sweet wrap. We are on North End Lanier in a 2008 22 SSV Worlds Edition (http://gallery.nesfeder.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=59). Would love to check that out in person some time.

enolten
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
wow...u got some ballast in your 22...was thinking about adding some to mine too...but been spending enuf lately...we always hang out around 4 mile creek...close to home and most of the time you have good riding conditions over there...where you at??

Schmo
05-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah, don't usually fill the backs up but fill the front up along with a little extra weight in the bow as this boat seems to like weight in the front. The bigger backs are nice if someone wants to wakesurf.

We are up near Bolling Bridge / Little Hall Boat Ramp if you know where that is. We can usually find a decent place up here since it is farther North with a little less traffic (and close to home too).

enolten
06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
some pix of y'day on lake lanier...

RED WINE ROCKER
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
OK...this boat i have seen (I'm lanier too....DA' BRANCH))....we hang mostly up on flat creek.
.....But i'm thinkin' i saw it on a trailer going south down I-985.?!?!

Did you buy it from Lisa & Curt?( Atlanta Marine)

enolten
06-29-2009, 08:45 AM
yep got it from ATL marine...but...i traded it this weekend...i hate to say it for the supra owners...i got an upgrade...went to the x-star...i was major dissappointed with the quality of the supra...if you pay $60,000+ you want a boat that breaths quality...my 22 ssv simply didnt....

87SunSportMikeyD
06-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Yikes that sucks!!! Any details you want to share?

Sluggo
06-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Yikes is right, I would never take the chance of running my boat, new or not, up on the shore. I wonder how that Mastercraft dealer is going to explain the scratches underneath this 09 to prospective buyers?

enolten
07-01-2009, 08:57 AM
the sandy beaches hardly make it scratch...getting it in and out the water on the trailer makes more scratches...

about quality issues/not high end components:
bungees for the boardracks? come on, on a $65,000 boat? :confused:
snap in carpet over carpet? hate to make a comparison with MC, but they have gelcoat everywhere(makes it look good) and snap in carpet where you need it...very easy to clean...
a tower that squeekes like a haunted house :twisted:
ballast bags....if you buy a boat for wakeboarding hardtanks is the only way to go. you know you will fill the bags up when you are out on the water, so you will lose the extra space regardless.
Ballastbags that don't fill up...:mad:
the stitching on the seating looks very cheap.
the observer flip up seat does not stay up...(looks like home depot parts)
the tower on the 22 SSV is too low...i can't stand up straight in the boat without hitting my head.
the screen for the perfectpass...looks like something that was designed 10 years ago...look at malibu, CC or mastercraft...that is new technology...
and i got sooooo many more things....

Maybe a couple of things i am naming are subjective, but that is pretty important because you don't buy a boat as a tool...you buy it to enjoy yourself on the water...if you want to go wakeboard and your ballast does not fill up and you have to rig the damn thing that is not enjoying yourself...especially when you pay what i paid for my boat...

The thing i did like about the supra is the wake.....

michael hunter
07-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Enolten
Some of the things you didnt like about your Supra are valid some I think you should have seen before you bought it. The one thing that stands out to me is you say the supra should be better for 60k. Although 60k is a lot of money its unfair to compare it to an X Star with a 100k plus list price. Maybe compair that to a CC 230. MC builds a great boat but they are not problem free. I think the thing you will miss more than the wake is the overall friendliness and open format of the supra forum. You will not find that on the MC Team. You rarely see any service,parts or warranty issues because its not allowed. Your post will be removed and you will get baned.
I hope you will stay a member here and keep us posted on how your MC is doing good or bad as long as you are boating you are still in the family no mstter what you own.
Good Luck.

enolten
07-01-2009, 02:24 PM
you know what...ur right...i am not bashing supra...cuz i loved my 21 V prior to my new 22 SSV...the pricelevel of the 21 V was where it needed to be $46,000 for a new boat is a good price...i never had issues with my 21 V...i was just dissappointed with my 22 SSV....when you pay a lot more money you expect a lot more...i didn't get it out of that boat...comparing it to a X-star is not fair, you are right...anyway i still like supra's...just didnt love mine..

saltare inverts
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
They really wont let you post and ask answers to problems on the MC site. I will never buy one if thats true. Seems we are hearing alot of issues with new Supra boats. I guess bad economy is hurting quality control. You think this would be the time to step up quality unless your about to go under. Does anyone know Skiers Choice status?

michael hunter
07-05-2009, 10:49 AM
They really wont let you post and ask answers to problems on the MC site. I will never buy one if thats true. Seems we are hearing alot of issues with new Supra boats. I guess bad economy is hurting quality control. You think this would be the time to step up quality unless your about to go under. Does anyone know Skiers Choice status?

The MC Team forum is owned and operated by MC they control the content of the posts.
Negative posts on subjects like the cash rewards program,warranty and tower issues will be removed. You cant talk about any other brand unless you are bashing it. They provide only a one sided opinion about MC boats to them the forum is an extension of the sales brochure. I almost bought a MC. They do make a great boat but the attitude I got and the ridiculous pricing was a turn off for me.

Fman
07-05-2009, 01:14 PM
the sandy beaches hardly make it scratch...getting it in and out the water on the trailer makes more scratches...

about quality issues/not high end components:
bungees for the boardracks? come on, on a $65,000 boat? :confused:
snap in carpet over carpet? hate to make a comparison with MC, but they have gelcoat everywhere(makes it look good) and snap in carpet where you need it...very easy to clean...
a tower that squeekes like a haunted house :twisted:
ballast bags....if you buy a boat for wakeboarding hardtanks is the only way to go. you know you will fill the bags up when you are out on the water, so you will lose the extra space regardless.
Ballastbags that don't fill up...:mad:
the stitching on the seating looks very cheap.
the observer flip up seat does not stay up...(looks like home depot parts)
the tower on the 22 SSV is too low...i can't stand up straight in the boat without hitting my head.
the screen for the perfectpass...looks like something that was designed 10 years ago...look at malibu, CC or mastercraft...that is new technology...
and i got sooooo many more things....

Maybe a couple of things i am naming are subjective, but that is pretty important because you don't buy a boat as a tool...you buy it to enjoy yourself on the water...if you want to go wakeboard and your ballast does not fill up and you have to rig the damn thing that is not enjoying yourself...especially when you pay what i paid for my boat...

The thing i did like about the supra is the wake.....

Sorry you had to let your Supra go, MC makes nice boats... although, I noticed a couple complaints you had about your Supra that I wanted to comment on. Funny thing is, I was at the Supra dealer last month and ran into someone with a '06 24 SSV dropping there boat off for maintenace stuff. We talked for a few minutes, he said he previously owned a Mastercraft, and after owning a Supra would never go back to a MC. Said the Supra has been the best boat he has ever owned. I am comparing my boat to a MC X-15, a very comparable sized boat my Sunsport 22V.

The '09 Supras now have Snap-out carpet available. My friend has an '07 MC X-15, real nice boat, however his ballast is only 700 lbs. What year 22 SSV did you have? Just saw on MC's website the X-star only has 1000 lbs of ballast on it. 100k boat? 1000 lbs of ballast? That I dont get.

Definitely pro's and con's to a soft ballast system. Stock gravity III is 1400 lbs, upgrade to the 750 lb sacs and you are at 2000 lbs. For him to use his boat for surfing or creating a larger wakeboard wake he has to fill extra fat sacs with an external pump. A $65k boat with only 700 lbs of ballast? How do you ever clean out your hard tanks? The soft ballast system does make it easier to clean out your system, and can easily be upgraded to a much larger system for little money. No gauges with soft ballast system, and with the 750's you do have to clear out a little space in your compartment to fill them completely up. Not a major problem, but a little bit inconvenient. Then again, you are getting 1500 lbs of weight in the rear of the boat and you do not have to get out the external pump to fill your sacs up. I am 6' 1" have a Z5 cargo and can stand up in my boat with no problems. The Supra tower is rock solid, probably in my opinion the most solid tower out there. My friends MC X-15 tower will wobble when he hits waves, I have seen it when following him in the water. The X-15 does have great board racks. Downfall the to the X15, he can only carry 4 wakeboards. With the Z5, you can carry surfboards, wakeboards, tubes, and kneeboards.

You mentioned cheap stitching? The newer Supras are using top of the line gore tenera stitching and syntec vinyl for there boats. I have yet to have anything stain my upholstry. Also like the fact we have the loveseat option, 6 people can comfortably be rear facing towards all the action in the water.

Screen for the PP is out of date??? Wow, I guess I would have to see the X-star, my friends X-15 only has a PP with a little digital screen you can barely read. Looks like something the dealer added on. The Supra display is much easier to read and mine has the 8 programmable rider option. And I have yet to have any problems with my flip up observer seat staying up, we use it all the time. Also forgot to mention the X15 does not even have a heater in it. Our Supra has pop out heaters which are awesome, and use them all the time.

Where the ice chest in the X15? Oh ya, the 1'x2' little box that holds a six pack? A $65k boat and has has to pack in an external ice chest to accomodate his needs for the day. The sunsport actually has a useable deep ice chest we can pack up and keep things cool all day on the water.

The X15 also has a lower tow pylon, but it does not retract flat like my Supra. It sticks up and gets in the way all the time, takes away space on the ski locker deck. And the Supra has a much larger ski locker platform area for people to use when swimming off the boat. Supra also has docking lights, and LED courtyard lights that his X15 does not have.

After owning my Supra now and putting 65 hours on it the past 6 months there are a couple items I am not a big fan of. I have the swivel Roswell board racks, they are loose and not tight even with the safety pin in. However, Roswell is shipping me new swivel brackets for free that have been re-designed and are a direct easy bolt on that will take care of this issue and have no free play and a better locking mechanism. I have had the ballast fill not prime a couple times, to alleviate this all I do is when I am taking the boat out of the marina hit the fill button on all system for about 10 seconds and it will prime the system. Only need to do this once while the boat is in the water, not a big deal. Also in '09 they have redesigned the fill system that is 3x's faster and will prime much easier.

Other than those two items the Supra has been peforming flawlessly, with great power, and handling. I have had 11 people in my boat and I can still plain on water quickly and the boat handles very good. If you talk to or follow other boards about wake quality and size for boarding, the Supra is always a favorite among wakeboarders.

Anyway, not trying to bash MC, it is also a great boat.... but my point is Supra makes a comparable boat for a much better price. MC makes a nice boat, I paid $40k for a brand new '08 full loaded, decked out Sunsport 22V (gravity III, Rad-a-cage tower, Z-5), and a fully boxed in, 4 wheel disc brake, LED lighted trailer. A comparable MC (which would be the X15 model) loaded with what my Sunsport has was going to be $60-65k dollars.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy your boat... after shopping last year for all different types of boats, it comes down to finding a boat that is going to make you happy and have a great time on the water... because at end of the day, thats all the matters.

michael hunter
07-05-2009, 11:08 PM
fman
You got a few things incorrect all of the options you have are available on the X15 except the z5 cargo and large ice chest . You are right about the PP screen and the tower the stitching isn't any better. If you want a good wake on the XStar you need to add a lot of extra ballast . Over all MC is much stingy er with warranty expect to get denied unless you fight. The X15 is not a 60-65k boat it lists for high 80s to low 90s. I was quoted
75k plus tax in Sep 08 on a loaded 08 X15 with standard trailer. If it was 65k I would own it today. The Xstar is even higher.

Fman
07-06-2009, 01:05 AM
His boat in particular does not have the heater and some options my Supra does (Z5 and lg Ice chest). Not bashing Mastercraft, they are very nice boats, just expect to pay much more for what I would call a comparable boat. Infact, after riding in and driving his X15, I would say the Supra is more user friendly for my family because of the added options (Z5 and ice chest).

michael hunter
07-06-2009, 08:46 AM
His boat in particular does not have the heater and some options my Supra does (Z5 and lg Ice chest). Not bashing Mastercraft, they are very nice boats, just expect to pay much more for what I would call a comparable boat. Infact, after riding in and driving his X15, I would say the Supra is more user friendly for my family because of the added options (Z5 and ice chest).

That's correct MC is a great boat but you will pay a lot more for the boat and the same options. They use the same vendors for hardware, interior and drive train. The factory is near the SC factory. IMO none of the top builders are bad it is possible to have a lemon
with any brand that's when you have to count on the warranty and ethics of the builder.

enolten
07-06-2009, 11:47 AM
We can go back and forward on which boat is better...if you look at the satisfaction poll of newer supra boats there are a lot of people who don't consider buying an new supra anymore...why is that :confused:? i was not dissappointed in my 08 21 V :D...should have stuck with that boat...in fact because i was so happy with that one i decided to go with an 09 22 ssv...that boat simply did not deliver what i expected out of it...when you go into the higher segment of the market(which i think $65,000 is) your expectation level also goes up.

about the snap in carpet...yes they have it(i had it as an option), but it is carpet over carpet! you kind of loose the whole effect of snap in carpet...

about the screens, the newer mastercraft have the vdig(since 08), like the malibu has the maliview...i am telling you that is so awesome...but i know, i know, there is a downfall, when using newer technology there is a chance it can breakdown...The only reason why i brought this up is that on a boat of that price i expect top of the line, state of the art.

The ballast system seemed to work nice, but lately it took me seriously over 20 minutes to fill them up...maybe this could be fixed, but i am on the water all the time and i dont want to go back and forward to a dealer and losing a day on the water to get things fixed...i want it to work! maybe i was expecting too much out of my 22 ssv, but...am i???

all the other things i mentioned in my earlier posts is real...my tower did not fit correct on my boat making it squeek...i did not have that problem with the 21 V...because of my wetsounds i could not stand up straight...it might not be a real problem, but it aggravated me(the tower on the 21 V is higher)

In the end a lot of it is how you feel about a boat...

anyway, i got myself into a sweet deal and i am really happy with my choice to get an x-star...in the end, being happy, that is what it is about...

Fman
07-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Hope your MC works out well for you, and you are right, its all about having a good time on the water and feeling good about your purchase.

Take care.....

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-06-2009, 09:26 PM
A site you may look in to.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php

I have had Problems with every boat I have owned. But by Far the Supra has a better Interior, more comfortable and more rider friendly. The MC, Malibu, CC all are nice but I think the interior has a cheap feel to the seats and carpet. IMO

Most everything else (hull, motor tranny very very similar) Better fuel consumption with my Supra also.

I agree the ballast could be quicker and designed not to take up so much space in the rear storage.

BTW I have the 21V so I agree the tower height is much taller than any other boat that I have been in. I'm 6'2" and never hit the speakers/light bar.

michael hunter
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Eno
Best of luck with your new boat. I have seen you on the team forum. Don't be a stranger
here too. We are all family on the water no matter what you own.

enolten
07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
That's how i look at it...all wakeboard/ski boat owners are like one big family...i just had to write my frustrations down...hoping that maybe SC would do something positive with it...even if it is one thing...it will benefit all supra owners i think!!

Irish_Jack
07-08-2009, 12:55 PM
WOW That is one sick wrap!!!:cool:

Fman
07-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I would hope Skiers Choice has better quality control with the bad economy, right now is the time to win customers over and stay in business. Boats are no different than cars, out of 100 toyota pickups there probably will be one or two that are going to have problems.

Fman
07-08-2009, 07:58 PM
A site you may look in to.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php

I have had Problems with every boat I have owned. But by Far the Supra has a better Interior, more comfortable and more rider friendly. The MC, Malibu, CC all are nice but I think the interior has a cheap feel to the seats and carpet. IMO

Most everything else (hull, motor tranny very very similar) Better fuel consumption with my Supra also.

I agree the ballast could be quicker and designed not to take up so much space in the rear storage.

BTW I have the 21V so I agree the tower height is much taller than any other boat that I have been in. I'm 6'2" and never hit the speakers/light bar.

My '08 Sunsport 22V must have a taller tower, I am 6'1" and never have any issues with clearance.

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
My '08 Sunsport 22V must have a taller tower, I am 6'1" and never have any issues with clearance.

Yea all of the Supra boats that I have been on head clearance is never an issue. Plus with the swoop style towers everything is so far back that helps too.

I do have a friend with a 22V that put the big Wet Sound tower speakers (In the Middle) and you have to watch out for those. Mine are mounted to the sides and never a problem.

enolten
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Well i am pretty tall(6' 3"), but i guess the combination of a 22 ssv, wetsound and the cargo rack just made the headclearance go away(still had more on the 21 V tho)...on the other hand my buddies CC has absolutely 0 headclearance...okay...i am done talking about my 'issues'.. ;)

Fman
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
If I was 6' 3" I would be a little slumped over with my Z5, at 6' 1" I can stand up but there is no room to spare. My Seasick tower speakers clear my head with quite a bit of room to spare.