PDA

View Full Version : 87 sunsport 88 mariah

Mr oppenheimer
05-01-2009, 02:13 PM
The 88 was my first supra and I had to sell a few years back. I built the tower myself and am looking forward to building another for the sunsport. I really wanted a sunsport when I bought the mariah but it was in such nice condition when I found it I could not pass it up. I found the new 87 sunsport in san jose ca with 500 hours and pick it up for $5000 and took it out on a local lake the same day. I then proceeded to tow it all the way back to phoenix az not knowing anything about the trailer. I greased the hubs, tightened the lugs and tires were new so I rolled the dice and it was trouble free all the way. I will post more photos of the sunsport later today

csuggs
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Looks good! Can't wait to see what you do with it - and as always, send more pics. We love our Sunsports!

87SunSportMikeyD
05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
What up oppenheimer! Got your pm will chat more later. :)

That Mariah is a beauty!! You sure did a lot to it! That tower is UNREAL! Can't believe you did that yourself! Now I have not ridden behind a Mariah but it you liked it, you're sure to love the SunSport. It's just bigger, higher, deeper vee, etc. Yours does look to be the twin sister to mine.

I also have the factory trailer but mine is red to match the boat. Maybe it was maintained or painted at some time? Mine sure wasnt'. Have some bad plywood and some rusted spots that will need to be replaced eventually. Still a very solid trailer though and with the double axles it doesn't sway much on the road.

Oh mine had 500 hours too and was $7500 so you got a steal! Hope the floors are solid?

ps - i like your name lol my last name is Dahlheimer, so close there too lolol

Glad to have a twin and yes she is a surf BEAST!

saltare inverts
05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Love the old boat. Awesome tower build. Can u build me some swing racks, just kidding. More pics of new boat please.