PDA

View Full Version : Working On Boat

saltare inverts
05-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Her are some recent pics of my boat redo. Slow progress but I am trying to go through everything. Recovered and repaired rear storage. Rebuilt rear seats. Started sewing new cushions. Rebuilt speaker pods with leds. Putting in 3 new amps and two subs. Put new speakers in tower. Replaced rudder seals, steering cable, intake vents, carpet, pop up cleats and starter. Last year I repainted, removed teak rail, added tower. I also rebuilt floor, rebuilt metal around prop on trailer, new prop, new tires, new jack, new spare tire and rim, new gas gauge, new speedos, new depth gauge. Added diamond plate to steps on trailer. Fixed leak in gas tank, new gas sending unit, lifted trailer 3 inches and did it all myself. I am beginning to think I should have got a new boat and a second job. Probably been easier. I am not done working on her yet. :rolleyes:

mapleleaf
05-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey Man, Your project looks great, mine's off to a slow start too....
I've yet to start working on the seat covers cause I haven't found any vinyl yet, where'd you get yours???
West Marine has some, but their prices seemed a little trumped up........
I'm almost done with my trailer, bunks and wiring left, I'll post some pic's tonight.......

saltare inverts
05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Garys Upholstery is were I got all my vinyl, marine thread, cushions, welting and Hidem. Ship fast, prices seem good from the places I checked and they will answer dumb questions(I have alot). Yea it is slow but nice to know I didnt cut corners. Ill be waiting for your pics.

mapleleaf
05-02-2009, 12:20 PM
this would be a break from stapling carpet, I'll check Gary's.......almost ready for the photo shoot!!!!

csuggs
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Lookin' good!

mapleleaf
05-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Already heard from Gary....I'm trying to figure out how much vinyl I need for my whole boat, So I asked a "dumb" question, I already knew the answer, and so did Gary, Get out the tape measure and stop being so lazy!!!!!!
Seems like a great guy, I'll probably order through him, his selection is the best I've seen.....

saltare inverts
05-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Evertyhing I ordered from him has been well made, no cheap stuff. It seems to come really quick also.

csuggs
05-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Already heard from Gary....I'm trying to figure out how much vinyl I need for my whole boat, So I asked a "dumb" question, I already knew the answer, and so did Gary, Get out the tape measure and stop being so lazy!!!!!!
Seems like a great guy, I'll probably order through him, his selection is the best I've seen.....

Are you planning to do the upholstering yourself? Any past experience with that? I'm asking because I talked myself out of that this past winter, but might reconsider. . .

mapleleaf
05-03-2009, 08:56 AM
ton's of experience sewing my Carhart's when they rip!!!
I'm just gonna take my time and use the old stuff as a pattern. I'll do one piece at a time so I can still use the boat!!!! I don't want to, but economic's are prevaILING HERE!!!!

saltare inverts
05-03-2009, 11:17 AM
I have already recovered many pieces. I made my first full cushion the other day. Not too bad, but am going to redo it. Learning curve. I have learned a couple tricks from good ol mom. I am using a 1960s singer machine to sew. Goes through vinyl quite nice. Most of my recent time has been spent rebuilding any wood pices then covering with resin. I also recarpeted the rear storage and reinforced it for a fat sac.