PDA

View Full Version : 1987 sunsport pics

Mr oppenheimer
05-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Here is the boat exactly as I bought it. I have had no time up until now to start on it. so here it is "the beginning" step-1

Mr oppenheimer
05-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Dash has to go quick! its super haggard and cooked

Mr oppenheimer
05-01-2009, 08:09 PM
The sunsport is such a different boat on the water compared to the mariah. I never would of guessed they would perform and handle so differently

knoble
05-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I've got an 86 and their is not a lot difference other that the windshield and the bow grab rail! I like your windshield and grab rail better!!!

Irish_Jack
05-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey man,
Congrats on the sunsport... That looks like a pretty clean boat too! Love the fact that it just looks like it was in storage.
Very nice!!!:cool:

csuggs
05-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice Indeed!

mapleleaf
05-02-2009, 04:40 AM
she's a beaut Clark........

saltare inverts
05-02-2009, 09:17 AM
You will love her. Supras were way ahead of the curve. Looks good.

Okie Boarder
05-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Looking good. Can you explain what you mean by such a different handling than the Mariah?

mapleleaf
05-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Okie, Maybe the handling on the Sunsport reacts "Sooner" than the Mariah!!
HaHa

87SunSportMikeyD
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Did I not post here yet? Our boats are twins!!! Exactly the same. I put a sac in the rear ski locker, and under the rear seat. Optional surf sac on the port floor. Then in the bow two 400lb sacs. There is hidden storage under the HUGE open bow. Access from inside the open bow. It's under the spotters seat glovebox. Big space if you remove one piece of wood trim that blocks the space off.

Haha mine has a flag holder though! :p
If you need Fresh Air Exhaust it should match up with what Larry made for mine.

What have you done to her so far?

Mr oppenheimer
05-04-2009, 03:33 PM
I just got my sacs for the ballast system, got the fly hi for the same reasons you did. great connections and the drains on the lower part. I want to change the prop before I even hit the water. did you take yours out yet? that prop is the key to everything. I had a 11 pitch made for my mariah and it was amazing!!! got an extended pylon to use while I am building the tower, still tweaking the design, might go off the design of supra towers in recent years. what do you think? should I do another correct craft style or keep it supra style? I am going to mount multiple hi speed pick ups for the the water and connect ball valves and pumps to them just like the new malibu set with individual pumps for drains on each sac. going to weight this sucka heavy!!! between 2000lbs and 3000lbs. my friend has a 23ft wakesetter that is in the movie Drive. he just got it and they filmed randy harris riding behind it for the movie at are best lake here, lake bartlett. we actually got a wake that was to big to ride behind that boat!!! that was a first for us since we started wakeboarding back in 97. randy used a whole tank of gas just hitting double ups for the movie!!

Mr oppenheimer
05-04-2009, 03:34 PM
tell me about the fresh air exhaust, I have never seen that before. it looks crazy!!

Blackntan90
05-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah please explain that- my mariah handles like its on rails, but dosent like big water, you know with the low freeboard and such!

87SunSportMikeyD
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Which size sacs did you pick to start with? I am afraid to get above 2klbs! :)

The prop I got is the ACME#913 13x10.5 so I'm hoping for the best! I got a great deal at nettleprops.com. They are awesome!

Personally I like the New Dimension design but I don't care for the cross-bars. It's a nice tall tower though. Taller than my Monster Tower. Titans are cool looking. Also love the CC style. More later!

87SunSportMikeyD
05-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Freaking awesome to hear about your buddies boat in Drive. That is super kewl. Were you there for that shoot? And you got to ride behind it? Dannnng any pics?

Tell me more about which sacs and where you are gonna put them. I can't imagine getting above 2klbs without having a 600lb sac on each side of the motor.

Right now I have a valve on every sac. I want to find a way to get rid of the valves so I don't have to run around the boat all the time turning valves. I have Simer pumps, so when they are off they act as a valve. But I have one sac in the ski locker and one sac under the rear seat and they are connected. If I don't have a valve between them, the top sac will drain into the bottom sac untill it is VERY full.

I am putting overflow/vent lines on soon.

Mr oppenheimer
05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
you have to use these one-way check valves on the fills. I will find a link to them later and send it to you. I am using 1100 gph live well pumps for each fill and each drain. each fill pump has its own 3/4 hi speed pickup and ball valve so all sacs have their own independent fill and drains systems. you end up with 4 3 position rocker switches for each sac. run the drain hose to thru-hull fittings installed as high up on the hull as you can get them i.e. right below the rub rail. with this set up you can drain and fill each sac at will to tweak and adjust for wake size and shape.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Why would you make the drains go to different through hulls and not just back through the one you used for filling?

My system uses Simer pumps, so they are reversable and use the same line for filling and draining. So I can't exactly put a one way check valve on that line.

tg0824SSVGG
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Mr. O --- fresh air exhaust: (lots of $$ - great idea)
http://www.freshairexhaust.com/