PDA

View Full Version : trailer looking for it's boat...

mapleleaf
05-02-2009, 05:25 PM
So there are a few details left, but the weather's gett'in a bit wet so here are some photo's of my trailer after a little work....
Winch, licence plate, two side marker light's, guide pole covers and a wheel left to go on........

New fender's, bearings, bunks, winch strap, light's & wiring, steps (marine ply, clear coated and anti slipped), and paint....

I'm happy, hopefully the boat's a little more comfortable....

That's my paint man in the last shot, do'in a couple touch-up's!

Anybody know where I can get new cover's for my guide pole's???? either PVC or fabric to cover old PVC, maybe something with Supra on it????

jasonba1
05-02-2009, 06:20 PM
You can get supra padded guide poles in the market place or you can call Michael at label industries direct he is the one the makes them and all of supra and moomba merchandise, hes a buddy of mine a and a great guy to deal with.

His number is 865-691-5141

Salty87
05-02-2009, 10:48 PM
trailer looks great. will the boat move to your house now?

i wrapped my pvc posts with carpet, same color as boat hull. used contact cement....if you want to go the budget route

mapleleaf
05-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Salty, May 11, 2009 3:30pm Just as a rough estimate! The boat comes home....
That's safely after mother's day and quite frankly nothing else is as important the following monday!
I'd expect that 3:30 will be the time that Connie and I get back to the city!!!!

mapleleaf
05-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Ha, I was thinking something was missing.....Look at the inner fender's. I think I forgot to make the innner fender cover's (carpeted), back to the wood shop!

csuggs
05-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey that trailer looks great! You'll be glad you took the time to do all that work. Who's your helper - is that your boy? He'll have a great time growing up with that boat and a dad that will take him out on the water and teach him! Enjoy it while you can - they grow up so fast!
Clint

mapleleaf
05-03-2009, 08:58 AM
No kidding, he's only 13 month's and that seems to have flown by....
We gotta slow the clock down for the next month, Daddy's boat's not ready.....
I'm pretty sure he'll be tubing with his mom and dad this summer, slowly!

csuggs
05-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah - you gotta start 'em slow. But start 'em early no doubt. My middle son (now 15) was on the kneeboard solo when he just turned 3? My mom freaked!

Blackntan90
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Great looking trailer! I have done some stuff to mine like LED lights and chrome fenders, on my guide poles my uncle gave me some black reflective tape that I wrapped the PVC with- looks pretty cool and cheap!

87SunSportMikeyD
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM
I had to replace my plywood fender guards too. My trailer need some maitenance, hopefully once the boat is safetly on the boatlift for the summer. Thanks for the heads up on the Supra trailer guide pads.

jasonba1
05-05-2009, 12:17 PM
I just got the supra trailer guide pads and love them Michael at label industires has 2 stlyes of supra ones but can make whatever you want on them

saltare inverts
05-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I just replaced my fender gaurds also. Does anyone know what fender guides I can buy for my Dorsey trailer that work well? I cant believe it doesnt have any. I need the whole pieces not just covers.

jasonba1
05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
not sure I would probably call dorsey trailer direct.

mapleleaf
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM
So the trailer found it's boat and they both found home!!!!!
Now the fun begins... I've been waiting too long to have the boat at my house, you guys should be ready for a barage of questions.......snapped a couple pic's before leaving the country, gotta go out and get camera...

For a minute there, I thought the boat might not make it out this summer, it's been a dark couple weeks........

mapleleaf
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
just a couple pic's....trailer handled the road well since it's rebuild...
bought a $100 cover, should fit pretty well with a couple passes through the sewing machne......
Tomorrow's pic's will have to go in the pride and joy.......gutted interior, precleaning....
Is it me or does the side profile of a Conbrio look kinda like a skipping stone????

chautauquasun
05-21-2009, 11:39 PM
thats a great look!!!! I hope to get mine in the water and on the new trailer too this weekend.