PDA

View Full Version : Fossil Sunsport

Fman
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Some pics of my '08 Sunsport 22V... 340 HP indmar, Rad-a-cage, Z5 cargo, hot/cold shower, pull out heaters, love seat, PP Pro, etc... just turned 13 hours on it.

86supraproject
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Thats an awesome looking boat. How much does it weigh?

tg0824SSVGG
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
NICE boat!

jasonba1
05-05-2009, 05:43 PM
love the boat and color scheme

Irish_Jack
05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey, Sweet ride man!!! Love the color and the graphics!:cool:

csuggs
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey I'm diggin' the colors on that one! That's a great lookin' ride!

saltare inverts
05-06-2009, 12:02 AM
What an ugly boat. Better to have a Bayliner. Just kidding, I love the boat colors.:p What is that behind you in the third picture. I am assuming the damn, but were is it?

michael hunter
05-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Thats one classy ride. Why do you call it Fossil Sunsport?

87SunSportMikeyD
05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Sweet lookin ride! What is the loveseat??

Fman
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Hey, thanks for all the feedback... to answer a few of the questions...

Boat weight is about 3,800 lbs without trailer

I call it the Fossil Supra because the color scheme is Fossil, Black and Tan.

The loveseat is a seat added behind the drivers seat that faces the back of the boat. We (my wife and I) really like this because it allows a lot of the people in the boat to face the action of people in the water.

The main difference between the Launch and the Sunsport is the Sunsport has a walk through passage to the front of the boat, not a full time play pen style. It does however come with an extra pad to make the front into a play pen if desired. The Sunsport also has a step up on the drivers side to exit the back of the boat. The con to this is you do loose a seat because of this but the pro is its a very nice large ice chest and also holds a portable inflator.
If you get the Sunsport with the wakeboard package (Rad-a-cage, Z5 cargo rack, gravity III ballast system,Perfect Pass Pro) stock the Sunsport comes with approx 1400 lbs of ballast, I am not sure if the Launch has a larger ballast system?

Correct me if I am wrong Launch owners, but I believe the hull design and all other features are identical to the launch.

Fman

87SunSportMikeyD
05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow I didn't know about that step, very interesting. I would really love to see a picture of your boat from above or some shot where we could see the interior!

Now about the loveseat, I'm pretty sure your boat is a v-drive. So this means it was before wrap-around seating? Is this seat permanent or removable? I would love to see a picture, and the reason is I am thinking of making something similar for my boat. However I have a direct drive and I have heard other people call it a jumpseat because it is removable. In my boat not only would it let one more person face the rear but it would be an extra seat which is pretty darn valuable! :)

tg0824SSVGG
05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Try this MikeyD:

http://www.supraboats.com/sunsport22/index.php?swf=interior

(this is a link to the photo gallery on this same site of the 2009 Sunsport)

This should take you to a page of photos for this boat. Lower right hand corner,
is a picture (click it) of the perspective you're asking for.

Look just behind the drivers seat. I have the same on my boat. It's nice.

Actually, - the bimini is somewhat in the way for the Sunsport, if you look at the
SSV, you can see it better:

http://www.supraboats.com/gravity24ssv/

Follow links to "Photo Gallery" - again, lower right hand corner.