PDA

View Full Version : 20 hr service question

Fman
05-07-2009, 01:08 AM
I just had the 20 hr service done on my 08 Sunsport. I had a question, found it kind of odd that they did not change the trans. oil on this service. The service manager said it was not necessary to do until 100 hrs? I even brought to his attention, in the Indmar manual it says 15-20 hrs for its first oil change. He said Skiers Choice did not recommend it until 100 hrs? They changed the engine oil, re-aligned the shaft, check batteries, belts, etc etc. (basically everything that has nothing wrong with it)... oh yea, for a small fee of $280!! what a bargain..... :o I will definitely be doing my own oil changes from hear on out...

Is this guy flat out wrong? Just wanted to find out what other people had done on there 20 hr service.

Fman

tg0824SSVGG
05-07-2009, 05:33 AM
My dealer "TOLD" me he changed all the fluids...

L. Morrison
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm not surprised that Skier's Choice didn't recamend it if it meant they would have to pay for it. I've had nothing but trouble in dealing with not only Skier's Choice but my "local" Supra dealer as well when it comes to warantee issues. They are there for you until they have your money, then they will do what ever then can to get rid of you when it comes time to stand up and do the right thing. I've owned my brand new Supra boat for only four months and I and can tell you now I regret buying it and will NEVER buy another.

Fman
05-10-2009, 01:23 PM
My dealer "TOLD" me he changed all the fluids...

When I picked the boat up he said he had changed all the fluids as well, then I specifically asked about the trans. fluid and he said it was not part of the 20 hr service required by Supra.

After getting more feedback from Skiers Choice on this, they said to just do it at the next engine oil change (50 hrs). From what I have been told these transmissions are pretty bullet proof, but anything mechanical can take a dump. My buddy has an '06 Tige and his motor blew up last summer, they fixed it but who would have ever thought a SB chevy would throw a rod at only 130 hrs.

Fman
05-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm not surprised that Skier's Choice didn't recamend it if it meant they would have to pay for it. I've had nothing but trouble in dealing with not only Skier's Choice but my "local" Supra dealer as well when it comes to warantee issues. They are there for you until they have your money, then they will do what ever then can to get rid of you when it comes time to stand up and do the right thing. I've owned my brand new Supra boat for only four months and I and can tell you now I regret buying it and will NEVER buy another.

Just curious, what problems have you had with your boat?

Fman
05-12-2009, 03:49 PM
For people interested, I confirmed today, Indmar is the company who covers the entire drivetrain, which includes engine, transmission and v-drive. I also found in the Walters manual (trans. manufacturer), they do not require a fluid (ATF) change in the transmission until 100 hrs of use. The conflicting problem with this is, Indmar in the engine manual has a 15-20 hr service on the transmission fluid.

I guess either way you would be covered if something were to go wrong with your transmission.

JohnnyH
05-14-2009, 03:56 PM
I have a 08 22ssv and on my 20 hr service Rinkers changed ALL the fluids and made all the adjustments required $300. You always change the fluids on new units like trans and V drives.