PDA

View Full Version : 07 surpa 21v windshield

wolff
05-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I had a garage door spring break at the storage facaility I keep my boat at and it broke the drivers side windshield.

i had my dealer order a new windshield 3 weeks ago and was suppose to be in stock and ship on the 4-22-09 and i found out yesterday that they do not have one in stock and have to have it made and now it will not ship to the 25th of this month and on top of that it is going to cost a arm and leg.

does anyone know where i could get a windshild made at.

local glass shops will not make it due to the curves in the glass.

Thanks

Jonathan Wolff

michael hunter
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Doesn't your insurance cover it? Doesn't the storage place have insurance?

wolff
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
yes the my insurance covers it when I put the boat in the storage place they stated there insurance does not cover anything, that is what i get for paying $25 a month for inside storage.

i am just bummed out because we leave Illinois for Arizonia the weekend of the 30th and the windshield is not suppose to be ready to ship till the 25th (which is Memorial Day) which means the 26th and i will just be in a rush before we leave.

I hate to go on a two week vacation (and be at brostock) with my boat and not have a drivers side windshield but the boat will be there with or without a windshield.

Sorry about complaining just trying to find a windshield a little sooner.

kporsch
05-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Did you have to order the complete windshield? I recently got a rock through my passenger side windshield on my 06 21V and the dealer said I have to order the complete winshield and they could not order just one side.

wolff
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM
do you still have the drives side windshield.
my windshield was suppose to come in this last tuesday the 26th. i called the boat shop every other day they say there are calling supra morning and night and no word on if or when the windshield is made or shipped.
they supposely ordered half the windsheild.

Jonathan

kporsch
05-31-2009, 09:30 AM
I just ordered it last Friday (5/22) and they told me it would be a 2-4 weeks before it came in. If you still haven't got yours by the time mine comes in I'd be willing to sell you the driver's side. Also, Waterski boats dallas had a driver's side in stock for a 21V - you could give them a call and see if they can ship it to you.

1Quickdoo
06-01-2009, 07:28 AM
My buddy needed a windshield, 2 actually... first time took 6 months, second time over the winter... his was Taylor Made, it was out of Nateque's (sp) hands. Hope yours gets together fast...

wolff
06-01-2009, 03:15 PM
i just called direct to the pacific coast marine windshield and found out it is done and the were creating it to ship it, it is suppose to ship out today. To bad it will not make it by the weekend for my vacation to lake powell.
Pretty bad when a dealership and Skiers Choice can not tell me what is going on, but I spend an hour on the internet finding out who makes there windshield and with one phone call (less then 5 min.) i find out what is going on with the windshield.

I wish i would of spent the time on the internet before i thought ordering it directly through the dealership from the manufacture would be the best and fastest.

Jonathan

kporsch
06-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Wolff, Did you ever get your windshield? If so would you want to sell me the passenger side? I have someone that wants to buy my boat and I need the windshield so I can deliver to him and get a new Supra. Can't get an answer from anyone on when the windshield I ordered will be in.

norforksupra99
06-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I have had no luck with Supra either. I ordered a wake plate kit in May! all i keep hearing is any day now it will ship. I hate getting the run around!