PDA

View Full Version : Dash RATTLE

airtime
10-01-2003, 09:22 AM
While I was looking for a boat several dealers made the comment about how much the Supra dash rattles, it's not a big deal but it seems to me that if you put some sort of gasket, or silicone between the dash and the boat you might eliminate it. Out of 9 dealers and boats that I shopped THAT was the only negitive they could come up with about Supra, By the way I have a copy of a dealer training manual for MALIBU dealers, with pages of reasons not to buy competeing brands Centurion, Correct craft, Tige',Mastercraft, and Mommba but not much mention of Supra except for the fact that the company changed hands?? Bottom line ANYONE know of a fix for the dash rattle???????

Salty87
10-01-2003, 03:08 PM
although my dash is quite old (1987), no rattles. i haven't heard any rattles from friends' newer supras either.

i've heard nautiques and mastercraft dashes rattle though. actually, i've seen double-ups and loud subwoofers rattle any type of dash.

i've never heard the rattling dash line before, but i also avoid boat dealers as much as possible. (no offense, boat dealers)

airtime
10-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Went out in the barn today and found the problem, there is ONE screw in the center of the dash which pulled out, I put a longer one in but I still think it needs some sort of a gasket to stop the Sqeaking, Maybe a couple of gobs of silicon?