PDA

View Full Version : Soft ballast system vs. built in ballast?

Fman
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok, so I have to throw this out for a discussion. What is everyones take on the Supra ballast system? pro's and con's that you see? When I was looking at wakeboard boats I was not going to let the ballast system be a deal breaker unless it did not have a ballast system at all. I know the Tige 22Ve I was going to buy did not have any ballast in it, and that was the reason I did not purchase that boat. (this particular boat was not ordered from the factory with ballasts, although you can order them with a 600 lb system - which is not much weight).

For me personally on the Supra, I like how you can expand the system fairly easily for a moderate cost. You also seem to get a large amount of storage if you dont use the ballast system at all. However, I dont like how now that I have a 750 lb ballast in each rear sac I am going to pretty much loose all my storage space with the ballast system full. I also dont like how if you puncture a bag you obviously have a leak problem on your hand, not sure how successful a patch job would be? Another downfall is no gauges, I like the MC's and Malibus gauge that tells you in the ballast is full or empty.

I was always a little curious why Supra has not incorporated a built-in ballast system into there boat? any ideas?

Fman