PDA

View Full Version : launch vs santera

wakeboard dad
10-01-2003, 10:34 AM
I've narrowed my search for the wakeboard boat to supra or moomba. I have a line on 2 used boats. 2001 launch and a 2000 santera.

Opinions please?

Thanks

airtime
10-01-2003, 11:11 AM
I think they are both great boats, I just went thru a search and Got a 2001 Launch, I think the resale will be better with the Supra and I love this boat Great quality abd reputation. The way one dealer put it to me was Moomba is the toyota and Supra is the Lexas, but a lot depends on price, you could probably buy a new Mommba for what you pay for a used Supra, We looked at them ALL from Centurion to Correct craft and everything inbetween. I love this boat!!!!!!!!!!

wakeboard dad
10-01-2003, 11:59 AM
A santera is a top line Supra v-drive. Supra's rule. I'm just trying to figure which one will best meet my needs.

Salty87
10-01-2003, 03:04 PM
exactly what are your needs?

the launch probably comes with tower and more wakeboarding goodies than the santera but you never know with a used boat.

more details please.

airtime
10-01-2003, 03:09 PM
I thought you mentioned Moomba? I like the santera with the walk thru transom it,s nice , do you ski or board? Hours and condition being the same, I like the launch only because it takes the V drive out of the loop does the Santera have a tower? and ballast? I have a 24 fott Chris craft that I use as my all around boat, so room was not a factor for us , but if it was my only boat the V drive gives you a little mor freedom.I just got the new Malibu sales lit for 2004, If the boats are as $$$$$$$$ as the lit they are going to go the root of Mastercraft, how is the market in your area this time of year?

h2obug
10-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Launch and Santera are both great boats. If you into family day at the lake, I'd go for the Santera. If your core wakeboarder I'd go for the Launch because of where you put the ballast. Most weight in V-Drive goes up front and the Santera has a walkthru bow and it hard to get enough up there. However ive never rode behind the 2000 Santera. Did Supra not change the hull in 2001???? If you know please respond. I would like to know what the 2000 wake is like.

wakeboard dad
10-02-2003, 09:03 AM
My needs are simple. Wakeboard boat with ballast, tower, perfect pass. Sentera does not have this but price may become factor. Santera might be slighly less. Then could I add tower and built-in ballast and have what I want. I'm definately leaning toward the Launch but just wanted other opinions.

Thanks

surfacetension
10-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Chris did you sell your launch yet?

surfacetension
10-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Chris did you sell your launch yet?

h2obug
10-06-2003, 05:38 PM
My launch is still for sale. Thanks for asking. I Need to sell to get an 04. If I can answer any questions please email me

Dcooper
10-10-2003, 01:05 PM
I have a 2001 Santera with a tower and no automatic ballast. As far as I know it is the same as an SSV without the ballast system. The tower was a dealer installed item that year, so you could add that and search around and you will find ways to add an automatic ballast system. This would probably be for the back storage compartments only, about 270 lbs per side. You would want to balance it out with a 550 lbs sack on the floor in the bow. Because there is no ski locker in front to hide a sack. I have used this ballast setup and it works great.

01sunsportboarder
11-05-2003, 10:45 AM
did you make a decision yet on what to buy.

I'm a dad with kids. the v drive is great, I had one (moomba mobius) we loved it but wanted the direct drive because they handle so much better. so we went back to a supra sunsport launch, with tower and perfect pass and factory ballast. remember with wakeboarding it is all about a great wake and the ability to add ballast when needed. However with parents its about room and convenience. The santara is a great parents boat but perfect pass and tower will be very pricey. Kids wont be happy with "cheap" tower.

wakeboard dad
11-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Interesting reply. Yes I did decide and I ordered a '04 Mobius LSV. Price, options, and all around style of the boat were factors. I drove one and thought the handling was fine. Not as my ProStar 205 but still fine for what we wanted.

dndsam
11-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Another Mastercraft customer converted. You won't be sorry. I traded up 2 years ago and would be hard pressed to go back. You just get more for your money.

mygreenmonster.com
12-10-2003, 05:35 PM
You did well to go with the Mobius LSV. I purchased a Mobius back in 1998 and have had no problems. It was a great boat. I just traded it in for an 04 Supra SSV Gravity Games after factoring in how much it would cost to upgrade my Mobius with a tower, speakers, lights, wakeplate, electronic ballast, etc...

No matter what people that have never owned a Moomba or Supra says, they are superb boats from my 5 years of experience with them.