PDA

View Full Version : Hatch parts

riveredge
05-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Here's a long shot - does anyone out there have a hatch (see picture) that goes on the bow of some supras, or parts for one? They are NLA from dealers, and from the manufacturer itself, and I have had zero luck with any other source because they are so rare. The only way is if someone has one of these boats they are parting out... so I'm asking if there's one out there. I'm really looking for the hinges (the main lexan piece is fine, but hinges are broken), and the little sliding supports that hold it up (they're missing). I can send more detailed pics, but I think if you have one you'll know what I"m talking about.

Thanks! and here's hoping...

michael hunter
05-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Have you tried marine hardware suppliers I just bought some SS pins for my Bimini.
Google Marine Hatch Hardware.

Salty87
05-14-2009, 09:22 AM
perko seems to make every little piece of hardware i need.

type hinge in the search field... http://www.perko.com/

riveredge
05-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Salty - thanks for the link - I think something from them might be adaptable to the hatch, but in a perfect world I'd have the OEM part, it's made by a company called Vetus, and it's unlike any other hinge I've ever seen. If only they would just use standard hinges...

wotan2525
05-14-2009, 02:31 PM
If you figure it out, let me know.... my boat has always been missing this hatch and I've always used a snap-on cover for it, instead.

riveredge
05-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Wotan - I'd just get a piece of lexan cut to fit the space, and use some little toggle latches to hold it in place on the underside. I thought about doing that with mine, because I put a little solar panel battery charger on the underside and thought clear would be better...