PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean your carpet?

thescott
05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
How do all you guys clean the carpet in your rides? I vacuum mine with a shop vac frequently and use normal household carpet spot solver when needed for little stains.

Taking the boat out for a good cleaning tomorrow and wanted some tips.

Thanks!

Fman
05-17-2009, 01:41 AM
If you have access to a carpet cleaner with an upholstry cleaning attachment that works very good. You can rent them at your local hardware store for about $25, well worth it. It will do a great job on your carpets in your boat.

TayTay
05-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I use a Little Green Clean Machine on my carpet. It works pretty well. It would be the same thing as using a carpet cleaner. It wouldn't say it would be worth going and buying just for cleaning your boat, they are about $100. We have puppies and white carpet in our house though so we get a lot of use out of ours. If you could borrow one from somebody you know, that might work. Good Luck!

thescott
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

JohnnyH
05-19-2009, 05:51 PM
I clean my carpet the same way I clean the carpet in my house. The trusty old hoover carpet cleaner. Basically a shop vac that shoots a water based carpet cleaner then vacs it right up. Gets ride of all those stains from lake water and spilled drinks or whatever.