PDA

View Full Version : Rough idle

thescott
05-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Was out at the lake this weekend and noticed that my 08 22ssv was idling a bit rough, I might even call it surging. I don't really know how to describe it. Seems fine while underway and during accellaration.
I have 90 hrs on the boat at this point and have had about one year.
I do all my own maintenance. Only thing I did not do this year prior to the first outing is replace the fuel filter, PCV or the plugs. Could any of these be the cause? Replacing the plugs after 1 year/90 hours seems excessive, am I wrong?

saltare inverts
05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
My first thought is you have moisture in your water. Try some heet or something similar first.

thescott
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Assuming you mean moisture in my fuel? Is that Heet stuff safe for EFI?

87SunSportMikeyD
05-20-2009, 11:48 AM
"My first thought is you have moisture in your water." Sorry Saltare but Hahahahahahaha that is a good one.

Reminds me of Zoolander as a merman "water is the essence of moisture...and moisture is the essence of beauty'

OUI
05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Seafoam works better than Heet. It will not harm your EFI. An '08 should have a gas/water seperator if it does clean that out, or get a new filter.

FoiltechLaunch21V
05-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Sounds like a fuel issue to me. As far as plugs they are probably platinums so they should be fine for a while.

thescott
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Not suspecting the plugs. I'm going w/ replacement of the fuel filter at this point. Will be out on the lake this weekend and hope the new fuel filter fixes the issue.

OUI - you'd think there'd be a water separator on an 08, but nope. Just an inline fuel filter. Confirmed w/ Larry at Indmar.

It was also suggested I check the air filter and PCV. Both were clean as a whistle.

I'll post up on Monday with (hopefully good) results.

Meyeronfire
09-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Sounds like a fuel issue to me. As far as plugs they are probably platinums so they should be fine for a while.

Having the same issue on my 03 launch ssv running the indmar 320hp efi. Rough idle and kind of slightly popping while going about 2500rpms. Actually bogged the motor and killed it a few times while idling. Hoping its the fuel filter. Is there a water fuel separator on this motor?

Meyeronfire
09-05-2013, 05:07 AM
thescott, any luck with your bogging issue? Intrested to see if you solved the issue.