PDA

View Full Version : Rad-a-Cage tower - what is best mirror

Dreamer99
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
I have an 02 SSV and would like to put a mirror on my tower. I travel with the boat on the trailer a lot so one that does not have to be removed to travel would be great. Post up pics if you have them.

Also, what is the diameter of the pipe on the tower?

Thanks,
John

McDye
05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
I went with Monster mirror arm (I wanted to be able to remove, very easy, fast). I found a deal on new CIPA Extreme (3mirror) for under $80.

LOVE IT.

RED WINE ROCKER
05-20-2009, 10:10 AM
CIPA-3 was my choice as well.....i like it....the mounting arm i use is another story. i bought one that the supra dealers sell and looks good but is a POS!.....it bounces and some welds came apart but it wasn't anything the J-B weld couldn't fix....again, looks great but the design sux....i'll try to get a pic.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Be careful there are a LOT of CHEAP mirrors out there! Make sure it fits your needs! For me this meant
-quick disconnect for folding tower down (CANNOT FOLD IT DOWN OTHERWISE! It will break!)
-plastic sleeve to protect tower from scratching
-adjustable to many angles or designed for your tower

I tried Arial, didn't like it. Now have a Monster Mirror and happy so far. Monster Tower too, though.

Blackntan90
05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
The monster mirror arm is excellent- I also have one and it has been rock solid for several years now! They sell a kit for other diameter towers that includes several sizes of delrin spacers so you dont scratch your tower- call the folks at monster, very helpful- even if your just looking for advice.