PDA

View Full Version : Stain remover/protectant products

Fman
05-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Anyone have a good product suggestion to use on vinyl stain remover for my '08 sunsport? One of my kids got a dime size drop of food on the upholstry. I was able to get about 90% of it out with meguiars vinyl cleaner. Wanted to know if anyone else had any recommendations for a different product to use to remove the stain that wont damage the interior. I also read the sun will bleach some of it out over time?

Also looking for a good product to spray on the interior to help reduce fading and add protection from the sun that will not harm my interior.

Thanks - Fman

Salty87
05-23-2009, 10:43 PM
303 uv protectant is good stuff.

i'm a believer in letting the sun bleach whatever you can't get. bleach, cleansers, and abrasive scubbers strip the vinyl of protective layers over time. this includes mr clean erasers.

google exquisite vinyl cleaner or check wakeworld. there have been discussions. it's a mild soap that you use with a brush, does a great job of cleaning seats and carpets.

michael hunter
05-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Saltys right on the mark 303 and Exquisite is the best I have found.

jonyb
05-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I either use 409 or Simple Green with a scrub pad, then go over that with Meguiars marine vinyl protectant.

Fman
05-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback, its about 90% removed, I might let mother nature and some natural sunlight see if it can bleach it out a little....

klewis
06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
This will sound weird, but its worked for me.....use the persons spit whose blood it was.

There is something in your own saliva that gets blood out of fabric. If I've ever cut myself and gotten it on anything I just put some spit on it, let it sit for a second and then dab it out. It will get at least 90% of it, not sure how it will work if its been there a while, but worth a shot before you scrub the protectant off the vinyl with chemicals!