PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer wrong

John
04-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Speedo won't go below 14, reads 5 -10 mph fast. Pickups not clogged (the usual and fairly common problem). Any suggestions on how to locate the problem.

John
04-22-2002, 11:16 PM
forgot to mention '99 Launch

goose
04-23-2002, 10:46 PM
John,
There are 2 adjustment switches on the side of the dash that should allow you to fine tune the speedos. Are the rest of your gauges acting properly? If not you may have a defective MDC unit that is affecting your speedos. If that is the case, your local dealer should be able to help you out. Hope that helps.

John
04-23-2002, 11:50 PM
There is only one speedometer. I don't see any switches for adjusting. The rest of the gauges seem to be working except the depth meter - which I don't think is connected to the MDC.

goose
04-24-2002, 09:00 PM
John,
I can't really remember that model year dash to well but I think the speedo adjust rocker switch was beside the horn button. Check and see if that is it. That should fix you up.

John
04-30-2002, 11:13 PM
There is a single throw switch marked ACC beside the horn button, but not 2 as shown in the owners manual which says that is on the Sunsport Deluxe dash. I don't know how the on/off ACC switch would be used to adjust the speedometer indication up and down. Is there a service manual available for a 99 Launch?

Jschass
06-17-2002, 11:10 AM
I have a 99' Launch and the speedo adjustment switch is right below the radio. It is labeled Speedo. The two Acc switches are for the ballast tank under the rear seat. Right Acc switch is to pump in and left to pump out

delbert
06-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I seem to have the same problem. Speedometer starts @ 20 MPH when sitting idle and runs high. I do have the speedometer switch by the stereo but do not know how to adjust the speedometer with this switch. Please help.

Brian