PDA

View Full Version : Wake Quality

86supraproject
05-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Any comments on the quality of wake behind your boat. I have an 87 sunsport skier and Im pretty satisfied with it considering no sacs or a wedge. Let us know what your boat is and any mods done. Also if you have any wake pics that would be great.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-26-2009, 05:51 PM
The surf wave rules and it is really easy to weight it for surfing, just get her leaning to one side! For wakeboarding she like to be about 60/40 rear heavy. I have not yet gotten the wakeboard wake dialed in but a few other guys have like Oppenheimer where you at bro? Put the wakeplate down just a tad. I am shooting for 1000lbs in rear and about 6-800 in front.

86supraproject
05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Im from Jonesborough,Tn. I havent played with the wake plate yet just getting the boat dependable for now and I gotta get the wife comfortable driving the boat before I even think about trying to board. The kid seems to be intimidated a little behind it so I cant wait to give it a shot. The best water i have seen around here is wautauga lake,suppose to be the 3rd cleanest lake in the nation. The water is so clear that you can actually see your feet at 6 ft.

jasonba1
05-26-2009, 11:36 PM
glad to see another older supra ower in east tn. I am in Knoxville with a 92 comp.

86supraproject
05-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Neighbors,thats cool. do you ever come this way, maybe cherokee or douglas?

jasonba1
05-27-2009, 07:46 AM
I cover all of east tn for work so I m always up to get out and hit some water. As a matter fact I was just in Wash Co. last week for work.

86supraproject
05-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Your kidding, I work in johnson city. Let me know the next time you plan to bring down the boat and we will try to meet up.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I do have ballast system for wakeboarding and surfing. I also have wake/surf pics. Let me know if you want me to share more info otherwise they should be in my profile gallery.

86supraproject
05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Checking out your proflile right now.Thanks.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
-Basically I have five sacs in the boat.
-Currently I only have one pump but I will be expanding to three total. They are Simer reversable pumps. If I had the room to run dedicated fill/drain pumps to every sac I would go aerators.
-I do not have overflow lines currently but I will be running them soon.
-I do not have dedicated through-hulls yet buy the raw water works fine so far and it will have to do for a lil while yet.

So, for wakeboarding I have a sac in the rear ski locker, one under the rear seat, then two in the bow. There is lots of hidden storage in the bow so if you use two sacs instead of one, you can tuck them into the corners and still retain 80% of your open bow space!!!!! This is about 1400lbs right now but I am looking to go a bit higher if possible.

When we surf, we drain the front right sac, leave the rest full, and then fill a sird sac which is a 680lb sac we put on the floor on the port rear side. This is a bit more about 1600lbs maybe.

86supraproject
05-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Thats alot of weight but I would say that it makes for alot bigger wake. Looks like very nice work also.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks generally Supras are a wider boat and it takes a little more weight than normal to sink her down or so they say. Really 1400 isn't that much - others on this board run over 2k in the old 80s models. Trick is correct prop. Wouldn't recommend it with bad stringers, tho...

LSU21V
06-03-2009, 06:11 PM
I bought a launch 21V this year and have been out about 6 times. I am having problems getting a clean wake. I normaly fill the front tank completely and the back two from half to full with the wake plate down. This gives me the best result. Any one have suggestions on cleaning the wake. My kids like to board at between 19.6 and 20 mph. any slower the wake gets frothy.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-04-2009, 12:41 PM
You want your rear tanks all the way full and your front tanks not as full. Your boat should be weighted 60%rear/40%front. The wake plate should be all the way up or horizontal. Put it down about 10% to give a peaky wake. 19-20mph is fine until they want to jump a lil and then you will need 21-22mph. Depending on their skill level, though, if they are just jumping wakes you shouldn't need any ballast at all.

I think your wake plate is killing your wake, you want it all the way up.

saltare inverts
06-11-2009, 12:43 AM
I would agree, frothy wake means wake plate is set wrong. I have ridden behing that same boat, wake was clean crisp and good size.