PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurf Video- Memorial Day 2009

freeflyernc
05-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Here is a cool video we shot this weekend behind my '05 Launch 21v. Look at that sick wake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ysxnhAkKI

:mrgreen:

KY Steve
05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Nice! How much ballast are you using? Tried surfing for the first time this past weekend and had trouble getting the wake right behind my Launch 24.

freeflyernc
05-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I have the Fly High Pro X series rear sacks on the right side- I keep this filled to the brim. It takes up the whole storage compartment (about 1000lbs?) and I keep the front sack about 3/4 full. The I just use the wake plate to smooth out the whitewash.
Surfing is the best- it works even better when you use people instead of ballast because you can shuffle them around to adjust the wake. The more weight in the front the longer the wave, if you get too many in the back you will get a real steep wake, but it will be near impossible to stay off the swim deck. Hope this helps!

87SunSportMikeyD
05-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Looks great what board is that? We start off the platform too.

freeflyernc
05-28-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't remember the exact brand. I know it is some company out of Calf. My local pro-shop stocks them. It is like 4'8" and about 2 inches thick. It is very floaty with a slight concave bottom. I love it because it works great with a small or big wave. It is a actual surfboard- it was not really designed for inland surfing. I'll post the exact brand when I get home later this week.

Mike

freeflyernc
05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I found the board online- go to http://www.roushcreations.com/ and look at the 53" Mega loaf. That is the board in the video. Enjoy!

KY Steve
05-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I have the Fly High Pro X series rear sacks on the right side- I keep this filled to the brim. It takes up the whole storage compartment (about 1000lbs?) and I keep the front sack about 3/4 full. The I just use the wake plate to smooth out the whitewash.
Surfing is the best- it works even better when you use people instead of ballast because you can shuffle them around to adjust the wake. The more weight in the front the longer the wave, if you get too many in the back you will get a real steep wake, but it will be near impossible to stay off the swim deck. Hope this helps!

Great, thanks! The steep wake was our problem, the board tip was almost touching the platform when we were in the sweet spot. I'll try more ballast in the front tank.

Unfortunately I hit a submerged log that day and bent the prop, so we wont be out this weekend.

freeflyernc
05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
That sucks... where we live you have to have a spare prop. There are a few semi-submerged objects lurking around waiting to bend a prop. Grab a spare and never miss a weekend!

Mike

Dreamer99
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Where is the best place to purchase a spare prop?

wotan2525
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
I've never had much/any luck with putting weight forward in the boat. Always makes the wake wash out.... but I'd love to have something longer. Right now I put ~2000lbs all the way in the back corner and it's a good BIG wave but not very long.

I think part of the problem may be water depth? The place we ride is only about 6ft deep. If the wind dies down tomorrow I'm going to try a deeper part of the river. I'll let you guys know.

KY Steve
06-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Where is the best place to purchase a spare prop?

www.skidim.com I found has the best price on my prop plus they are offering a 10% discount on a single order right now.

freeflyernc
06-03-2009, 01:09 PM
1+ for skidim.com. I used them last year, quick shipping and a great price.

Mike