PDA

View Full Version : weighting supra saltere Q

ben(riverside)
10-07-2003, 12:17 PM
What is the best wieght set-up for a older supra saltere?
At what angle should i set the wakeplate?...or should i remove it at all?
any info...anybody?
ben

Salty87
10-08-2003, 11:40 AM
hey ben,

i keep my plate up all the time, i think it still provides some stability in the up position. no idea what will happen with it off.

i can't say what the ideal weighting is, i haven't run sacs in a while. but, when i was weighting it down this is what i found best:
500 lb sac laying in the playpen up front
500 lb sac on each side of the engine box
250 lb sac in the rear ski locker (there isn't much support under that locker so i stopped using this sac)
with 5 or 6 people, you should be able to move them around to fine tune it. then set your sacs up slightly different to accomodate what worked when you moved the people around.

another set-up that was a bit easier was 500 lbs behind the motor box on the floor (couldn't fill it all the way up because of the rear seats), 250 in the rear ski locker and nobody sitting further back than the motor box.

the first set-up was very rampy, the second was more vert.

what have you tried? the 250 in the playpen and 500 on each side of the motor might work real good, don't think i tried that. when there was 500 up front, riders were asking for more weight in the back.

weren't you looking at getting a new prop? did you settle on one?

kevin

ben(riverside)
10-08-2003, 04:17 PM
hi salty,

no i haven,t bought a 4 blade yet,
but the 3 blade works just fine.
i needed a new one for my mc so buying one new prop at the time is enough as the charge 660 dollars for them in our country.

my girlfriend once had 9 people in the boat and i was in the mastercraft we had a big group of beginners that day.
So at the end of their playtime they asked for a demo.
For the first time the wake felt really good.
I am almost ready melting about 1100lbs in lead wieght bricks and i was just wondering where to put them.

I noticed if 5 people moved to the back of the boat the wake gets real vert...also because of the high bowrise and it,s a pain in the *** to see what is happening in front of the boat.
season is almost over maybe just a few more weeks.
so i might start to put the weight not al the way back in the boat as you said.
lets hope it will work...compared to my 2th boat the wake is very very very small.So nobody wants to ride the supra,thats not what i bought it for...lol
thanx for the input...didn,t know i needed a total of aproxx 1200lbs and 4/5 people.
seems alot.
ben

Salty87
10-09-2003, 10:52 AM
yeah, it is alot but there's alot of hull to sink. 1200lbs really isn't that much (for over here), most of the serious riders i know (i don't fit that category) use around 1500- 2000lbs and thats with smaller boats.

lead would be the way to go, i got really tired of fat sacs on the floor.

660 for a prop is crazy, couldn't a "friend" buy one here and ship it to ya? i paid $325 US for an acme 3 blade....i highly recommend that prop, smooth as can be and holds speed all day.

good luck,
kevin