PDA

View Full Version : My O.G. Marauder

Hematoma
05-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Better pics from this weekend

michael hunter
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Hematoma
Welcome to the forum . That's a great looking Marauder I cant wait to see the new pics
with the tower installed. Where are you located ? Where do you ride?

87SunSportMikeyD
05-28-2009, 12:09 PM
What's up dude! I knew everyone would love to see the cool changes you made to a boat that has seen little love in many years! Awesome! For some reason my WakeMikey name got banned here (probably spam catcher working too good) so I just re-registered under this name. Yeah bro you gotta get some more pics I don't think I've seen the tower or anything yet!! :P Unless you have some on an old post of yours somewhere... How has the wake been treating you? Ballast?

87SunSportMikeyD
05-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Really? Awesome I am finally starting to get my backrolls better, now that we have this boat and it is getting weighted correctly. I think it needs to be bigger, though. :)

How much weight are you running? What style system?

Salty87
05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
wow, she's a real head turner. great looking rig...love the white walls ;)

very nice

Blackntan90
05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Hematoma,Very sharp! I am partial to the black, but mine aint as shiny as yours! Could you please post a pic of the rear seating area, that looked very interesting!

michael hunter
05-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Hematoma
Thats some pretty trick work in the rear. How is the duraspark ign working out?
What did you use for a doner to get the parts?

chautauquasun
05-28-2009, 11:30 PM
That is a great looking boat! Makes start to think I should move away from restoring to original condition to going with a "restomod" like yours.

Very nice work...it looks awesome!

mapleleaf
05-30-2009, 10:26 PM
white walls give it that ratrod look......all that black's off the hook, damn fine looking deal you got there.....

saltare inverts
05-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Every time I take my boat out I have to fix three things. Sometimes not sure if I will make it to the dock. I decided today I was going to sink it on purpose. Then I got home saw your boat. I guess I will keep plugging away after seeing your sweet ride. How much was it to regel? How did you find a company to do it? Love your boat, got a name for her?

jasonba1
05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
viper customs can regel it for you

Irish_Jack
06-01-2009, 09:41 PM
That is B.A.!!! :cool:
I can only say ditto... it's already been said.:cool:
That is a work of art!:cool:

87SunSportMikeyD
06-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Dude what the heck color is ostrich? :D :D

87SunSportMikeyD
06-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Ostrich skin boots??? Dude you live where again? Naw jk ;)

mapleleaf
06-02-2009, 09:43 PM
They got all kinds'a livestock down there don't they.......
What was it that Nancy Reagan said..."Don't Mess with Texas...."

mapleleaf
06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
yeah, seems like that slogan works better on T-Shirt's!!!! for tourists....

mapleleaf
06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I got a couple cousins in Dallas that might qualify.......
LOL

87SunSportMikeyD
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
You mean the cargo rack??? Dude! Make two and ship one my way lol! The only reason I don't look at that style very seriously is that I need it to collapse every time out.

saltare inverts
06-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I am designing one to build also. Send pics. I am glad I can weld aluminum. Is your trailer flat black? If so did you have it painted or do the rattle can trick? We all need to put up pics of our backrolls. Starting to work on 360s. Takes so long to heal when your old! I am going to Bull Shoals lake June 21 thrui 28, we rent pontoon. Have group of 20 to 30, room for more. Clearest lake with most butter in US. Anyone welcome. This is my 8 th year.

mapleleaf
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
takes so much longer to heal now........

saltare inverts
06-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Impressive list Hematoma. I can do backrolls, toeside and backside 180s with different grabs. I landed one scarecrow. Many offaxis grabs. Toeside frontroll. Going to try 360s this year. Only get out every other week or less with young kids etc. I want to go to wakeboard camp this year but who knows. I have been hitting alot of double ups, so much hang time.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
We're on river and we can do doubleups... I'm still trying to learn to drive them really good, I was turning too tight before.

I can do many grab 180s (love the shifty and late 180), hs 360. Can land hs backroll but not consistantly. Same with hs bs 180s. Wish I could get a fs 360 and a couple more flips (like tantrum and ts front or back roll or scarecrow).

Hematoma
06-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Well I made some changes to the boat yesterday and today. Still afew minor touches to take care of but all and all I'm quite happy. I wish I had a sewing machine then I could have made some black piping for the edges. Oh well not bad for a rookie. The last pic is my quiver. My wifes old board that I ride:D small light and fun, My Byerly L7, my daughters board my sons old and new board and my Byerly wakeskate. Oh and one of my surfboards.

P.S. I have new pics in the 1st post of this thread.

saltare inverts
06-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I got an old singer sewing machine(60s). It sews rightr through vinyl. Works well. How is the roll on bedliner working on your swim platform? Mine is painted and kinda slick, might coat it.

Hematoma
06-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I got an old singer sewing machine(60s). It sews rightr through vinyl. Works well. How is the roll on bedliner working on your swim platform? Mine is painted and kinda slick, might coat it. Dood it works great really. Seems to be holding up pretty well.

Montgomery
06-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Sweet I remember when you 1st started this project. It turned out great

Hematoma
06-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Woohoo!!! Going to pic up my WETSOUNDS 3 some set up tomorrow afternoon from my local proshop. I'm F'n stoked.

I also picked up a 09 watson and the red and white limited edition C/T Watson bindings. Ordering my Monster Tower Bimini as soon as I type this. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Ohhhh DAMMMNN son UPGRAYDE. Those LF Limited bindings are SO unbelievably light holy cow. Monster bimini will be awesome I am sure!

mapleleaf
06-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Sometimes I find myself drool'in to these threads... I'll get there, I guess your boat needs to be werk'in good before anyting else....

michael hunter
06-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Leaf
Its not a race, take your time and enjoy every minute. The satifaction you get by making it your way is almost as good as the time you have using it.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-19-2009, 04:34 PM
What I say is if you can't afford to buy it, DIY it! I will have pics of my DIY tower bimini tonght, hooked up and 90% done, just do a little more work to make sure it can close more easily under the tower.

Maple what do you WISH you could do to your boat? Please limit yourself to the top 5 things. :D :D

mapleleaf
06-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Don't wanna step on T-oma's thread, but you know Mikey, tower, small amount of ballast, finish interior, it'll all come with time, I'm just having a hard time being patient with this warm wedder...

mapleleaf
06-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Leaf
Its not a race, take your time and enjoy every minute. The satifaction you get by making it your way is almost as good as the time you have using it.

that's good advice........thanks Mike..
Toe stepp'in done, back to my own pride and joy....

Hematoma
06-21-2009, 11:39 PM
that's good advice........thanks Mike..
Toe stepp'in done, back to my own pride and joy....Maple no worries man you aint hoggin my thread. Like Mike said take your time and it will all come together. Mine has been a yr long project. I bought mine May 08 and was finally at the point that I felt good about taking it out starting last month. You'll get there dude.

saltare inverts
06-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Hang in Maple, I am doing the same as you. Get up 6:00, kids ready, go to work, play with kids etc. put them down about 9:00 and work on boat till 12:00 or 1:00 or 2:00 am. Loss of sleep and I think my wife is still blonde, do it again next day. It is worth it to have a pride in your ride. More pics of your ride please.

Hematoma
06-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Well its been a busy last week for me and the O.G. First I attempted to get the wet sounds 3 some from my local board shop. They ended up dropping the ball big time so I took my money elsewhere. Then I ordered my Monster tower cargo rack/bimini and was a mess up with that but should be on the way.( fingers crossed) I then installed 8 Kenwood speakers in the boat and a new Kenwood H-D, IPOD ready head unit.

2-4" kenwoods on dash
4-6 1/2" kenwoods on gunwales 2 each side
2 6"x9" kenwoods under rear seat facing forward.

Drilled and ran all wires for my Krypt tower speakers. Installed another amp and ran new wire and RCA's. Need 1 more amp for the tower.

Once finished I have 12 speakers not counting the 2 12" subs under the dash. Should rock pretty good.

I also dropped the back section of my interior off to be redone, should be finished with it by the weekend. After all this above I should be done with all the big ticket items. Its time for led's next.

saltare inverts
06-22-2009, 11:25 PM
What brand of amps are you sporting? Do you have larger alt and more than one batt? Whats it cost(if you dont mind me asking) for your rear section to be covered. I thought you just covered it yourself? You may not need ballast now with the magnet weight of all those speakers. Boats that dive by will lose their compass capabilities for a short period. Just joking, more speakers the better. I have six, now I feel lacking. Time to go the stereo shop.

Hematoma
06-22-2009, 11:44 PM
What brand of amps are you sporting? Do you have larger alt and more than one batt? Whats it cost(if you dont mind me asking) for your rear section to be covered. I thought you just covered it yourself? You may not need ballast now with the magnet weight of all those speakers. Boats that dive by will lose their compass capabilities for a short period. Just joking, more speakers the better. I have six, now I feel lacking. Time to go the stereo shop.I have 2 batteries we dont anchor and play it loud so I dont really worrie about draining the batteries. I have a heavy duty alt I cant remember the amps. My rear section was a temp deal. I thought I would be waiting longer to get it covered but I was able to go ahead and drop it off. He's charging me 530.00 for everything.

rear pad
3 seat cushions
rap around seat back and sides
and the 2 gunwale pieces
plus piping.

saltare inverts
06-23-2009, 01:11 AM
It will be worth it. Including material, or are you bringing it? I just finished a few nose cushions tonite. I am assuming he is going to cover what you have already built. No fabrication just covering. That doesnt sound bad at all. I just put in a high amp alt also. The company that built it said I do not have to enlarge my Alt charge wire. Did you change yours out?

Hematoma
06-23-2009, 09:11 AM
It will be worth it. Including material, or are you bringing it? I just finished a few nose cushions tonite. I am assuming he is going to cover what you have already built. No fabrication just covering. That doesnt sound bad at all. I just put in a high amp alt also. The company that built it said I do not have to enlarge my Alt charge wire. Did you change yours out?Hes just covering what I already built. Pulling off the old and installing new. No I didnt change the charge wire, I didnt even ask any questions lol. I bought it and installed it. I run about 13.5-14 volts while cruising around.