PDA

View Full Version : Bilge pump switch

Stew3ski
05-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Went skiing for 1st time today, activated master switch and the bilge pump came on. Disconnected the wire to the pump but bilge pump light stayed on both on off and on positions. Any ideas. Note: did not do this when I started activated master switch and started engine after lay up.
Thanks, Stew

michael hunter
05-29-2009, 11:05 PM
There are 3 wires going to the pump one is a switched hot one is a hot all the time for the automatic system and the ground. Witch one did you disconnect?

chautauquasun
05-30-2009, 09:37 AM
On my 84 rider I have a two position bilge switch. I am assume one position is for an automatic pump with a float and the the other position is for the maunual. My pump has a float but it is real touch and works half the time. When you pull the switch out to the first position is that to activate the pump on the float and second positon is the manual? I think that is how it is supposed to work but mine never seems to work in the first postion....maybe I have a bad float.

thanks

saltare inverts
05-30-2009, 03:49 PM
My boat also has two switches. One for manual bilge, other for automatic. I put two new bilges in. I have this thing about sinking. One auto, one manual.

chautauquasun
06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
My boat also has two switches. One for manual bilge, other for automatic. I put two new bilges in. I have this thing about sinking. One auto, one manual.

Does anyone have one that has just one pull bilge switch with two positions? If you do which position is for the automatic and which for manual. I am assuming first position is automatic second is manual

thanks