PDA

View Full Version : 89 ts6m

kartman
05-31-2009, 04:52 PM
is this boat worth 2k?? or should i offer him 1500? it needs a complete interior, and new clutch packs. he promises me that it has no rot, and runs great. 630hrs. mising one wing window, trailer has some surface rust, and brakes work good. i just dont want to drive 600 miles and get a crap boat.

mapleleaf
05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Dude the pic's are a big help......
With an interior like that and a motor that dirty, you gotta figure that somewhere along the line that boat has been wet on the inside. Meaning that you might not be able to see it, but there's rot starting, I bought the same looking boat, same age and thoguht I was rot free. Couldn't have been more wrong, something I can live with, but it's there!
Offer him 1k or 1500 and see what happens....

by the the way, Welcome to the board......

kartman
05-31-2009, 06:26 PM
thanks for the reply, they said they are a little flexible on the price. i dont think they would take 1k, but i bet i could get it for 1300. will let him sit on it for another week, then offer him less. he did say something about most of the floor was replaced about 6 years ago i think. that might of been another boat tho. but im thinkin that if i can get this one, i can live with towels on the seats for the summer, then do the vinyl during the winter.

mapleleaf
05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
yeah ditto on the towels, mine's torn apart with a cover on it in front of my house right now......
Good luck...these things sure are fun to work on.....

chautauquasun
05-31-2009, 11:31 PM
is this boat worth 2k?? or should i offer him 1500? it needs a complete interior, and new clutch packs. he promises me that it has no rot, and runs great. 630hrs. mising one wing window, trailer has some surface rust, and brakes work good. i just dont want to drive 600 miles and get a crap boat.

I agree with Maple...probably going to be some rot in there....but if the trailers good you should be able to get your money out of it. I just paid 1000 for an double axle inboard trailer for mine...so I would think even if it is not in the best shape you cant do to bad for 1300. If it is running...run it all summer and work on over the winter. That is what I plan to do with mine.

Good Luck!!

mapleleaf
05-31-2009, 11:48 PM
one thing I noticed about the trailer is that the lower subframe that protect the prop and rudder seem to be cut off......I'd be want'in those back on.
Simple with some flat stock and selftapper's from the Depot and some type of grinder/hack saw number....

Hematoma
06-01-2009, 08:33 AM
It all depends on how much work ARE YOU willing to do. I paid a 1000.00 for mine but had a plan as to what I wanted to do not having an interior or other stuff that needed replaced or fixed didnt bother me. Do you want something lake ready or something you can build up the way you want. To me having a good motor and hull was the key any rot I could fix if it was bad enough. From the pic 2k would be fair but always low ball if you can.;)

Curtis
06-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Thats a deal for it as is...Depends on how much you are willing to spend to restore the boat??...I bought an 84 comp that was completely restored inside hull and out for 5500. 200 hrs on the motor, and the previous owner that did the work provided every reciept for the restoration, which made me feel better about the buy..If in fact the stringers in the hull are good with no rot, i dont see anymore than the interior being redone to have a great rig!!

saltare inverts
06-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Its worth it. Just remember everything that can go wrong probably will. You are paying for the trailer metal, boat hull and motor. Alot of work but worth it over IO.

kartman
06-02-2009, 06:30 PM
i had a buddy look at the boat that lives in redding. he said it is a complete pos. the hull has been repainted, theirs cracks in the glass all over, and he said that it looks like the chines on the hull have been rebuilt. im going to pass on this one. so now im lookin for another good project. im thinking something bigger like a saltair.

saltare inverts
06-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Saltare is the way to go. Lots of power, room and big meaty wake.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah if you are serious about wakeboarding you would never be happy with the wake on the comp. Not horrible, but not much room for improvement. Search for a SunSport or Saltaire they are out there! Where are you located

saltare inverts
06-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Saltaire hull is the same as Launch series 22 to 23 footer up until 2007 model year. World class wakes.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Where abouts in redding is the boat? If your gonna pass i might be interested.
thanks