PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Supra 22ssv Fuel leaking from Vent

1Quickdoo
06-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Not always, but 2-3 times now I have parked my boat on the lift, it is a railway style... and when I get back the following weekend, the fuel cap, I assume through the vent has leaked, it follows the rub rail and gets alll over my swim platform. Now I remove the platform, but that isn't a real fix. The boat does not sit flat, rear is down, but I always make sure the tank is only at about 1/2 full. Anyone have this? should I modify a cap and extend the vent line while on the lift?
Thanks in advance for your help.

1Quickdoo
06-01-2009, 08:17 PM
no one? I'm thinking of getting another cap, drilling a fuel line fitting into it and running it up the tower and looping it over so no water gets into it.. just think it's a little mickey mouse...

michael hunter
06-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I have never seen a fuel cap on a boat with a vent. They usually have a o ring that seals
it water tight. Can you post a picture of your cap?

1Quickdoo
06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
the boat is north, but it doesn't have any holes in it, except the detents for the key/tool to open it. But if youlook inside you can see holes so it can vent into the cap. maybe I am assuming, but I checked my buddies harley and you can blow out through it, but not suck. it has a one way valve.
I'm going up this weekend and have blow....

michael hunter
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
All the boats I have seen have a sealed cap and a separate vent filling. No way should
fuel be coming out the gas cap once tightened on. Sounds like your vent might be
blocked?

1Quickdoo
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM
any idea where the vent is? I have a beautiful platform cover that I can't use because the fuel gets under it and lifts the rubber.

What you are saying makes sense, just need to find the vent then... my old boat had a separate vent, near the rear, it would take water in when cornering while tubing... I haven't seen anything like it on this one...

I'll check the manual too...

Thanks for your help so far..