PDA

View Full Version : Airguide Speedo

Greg Gugger
10-14-2003, 03:41 PM
I have removed both Speedos thinking that one has a broken blatter. When I blow into either speedometer, they function the same, the needle registers the air pressure. My conclusion is that the hose connecting to the back of the speedo is loose and leaks air which causes lake water to flow all of the way to the speedometer. My main question is this:
Can I use a quick gasket sealer on the nipple before pushing the hose on to the speedo therefore causing a no-leak situation? Is this analysis plausible?

Catdog2
10-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Greg,

I think the answer is in the archives of the site.

Hit the search button in the upper right.

Type in Airguide.

It will return a few entries, the last one of which seems to cover this exact problem, and I think it is Brian Raymond who posted it, which will assure an insightful answer.

cryonchick
10-14-2003, 11:26 PM
You can get the speedometer from SKIDIM.COM ($129, I believe). I have recently updated my entire dash panel to Faria gauges for that very reason, one of mine had ruptured and there is no way to fix, but to replace. Used Ebay.com and got the entire set of gauges for about $150 (both speedos,fuel,water,volt,oil, and tach w/ hour meter).