PDA

View Full Version : Engine cooling/flushing when out of the H2O

JFP
10-16-2003, 07:30 AM
For those of you who winterize your Supra yourself, I'm wondering what method you use to supply water to the engine when running it out of the water. I'm aware of the Fake-a-lake and Perko's Flush Pro. Anybody prefer one of these methods over the other or anybody use a different method? I'm looking for reliability, ease of use, and cost-effectiveness.

Thanks in advance.

Salty87
10-16-2003, 09:31 AM
i went to home depot and made one for about $10. it connects to the tranny cooler (with radiator hose clamps) so you don't have to climb under the boat. added a valve to turn the flow on or off from inside the boat.

tell em what you need and they'll pretty much put it together for you. mine is made of the radiator clamps, some PVC connectors, garden hose connector and valve, and a section of rubber gasket used in septic systems. works like a champ.

cryonchick
10-19-2003, 09:40 AM
I'll second that one. I installed a connection in my pick-up line to the raw water pump. Installed a connection I could install my garden hose on. Also put a valve on it so I could keep it in the system and not have to remove it. If I close the valve I can attach my hose and run the engine. If I open it it will allow water to come up through the pick-up (from the lake) and into the engine. About $10....