PDA

View Full Version : 89 Comp Ts6m ignition?

89 supra
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
We had a great weekend on our 89 supra but yesterday my key would just spin and it took some jukieness to get it to work. Dose anyone have a link to buy the factory ignition for this boat, I have heard that there are still parts for the older supras out there.

Thanks for the help and I will get picks up of the boat soon.

jasonba1
06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
hey 89 supra I just sent you a PM

Salty87
06-08-2009, 05:22 PM
i have a nautique dealer close by that i use for stuff like this. nautique runs PCM engines so they have most of the stuff. it doesn't have to be OEM, just needs to fit behind the dash.

you might also pop the plastic cover off the front side and see if the nut worked itself loose. it just clamps onto the dash.

agetech
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Go to skidim online and you can order a new switch. Look under the dash at the back of the switch to see if you need a 3 or 4 terminal switch. When you replace the switch, you might want to consider an emergency cut-off while you are there replacing the ignition switch.

chautauquasun
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM
When you say it is spinning....is the whole switch turning or is it staying stationary and the key is spinning all the way around. I had a problem with mine where the large nut on the back of the dash was loose and when you would turn the key it would turn the entire switch around in the dash hole. I simple repositioned the switch and retightened the nut and it work perfectly.

michael hunter
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I had the same thing happen two years ago. I was on the water when it died completely.
I had to hot wire it to get back to the ramp. Any marina carries the switches. Its a three term switch but I bought a four term switch. The forth term is an accessory term I use to run the stereo only when stopped.
Also the new switch doesn't come with the custom Supra key. I removed the tumbler assb out of the new switch and filed the tumblers down to work with the old key.Works perfect.

89 supra
06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
The key just turns around 360 and it will start but not turn off. It is internal in the switch, I was hopeing to find a supra one so I could keep the blingin key..haha