PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Oil? 1999 Supra Santera

mellis
06-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I just changed the tranny oil in my 1999 Supra Santera. I used a Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF. The website said it was O.K. for applications where Dextron Mercon III is needed. Any thoughts? Anybody else use this type of sythentic for their tranny? I am a bit paranoid. I'm doing all the maintenance myself and don't want to mess anything up.

knoble
06-08-2009, 06:35 PM
You should be all right. i have used Valvoline dextron IV synthetic with good results. It also works with the lower "number" Dextrons also! But any synthetic that says it good with Dextron III and you should be Ok. Synthetic is the way to go!!!

:cool:

norforksupra99
06-26-2009, 02:42 PM
have you had any fuel pump problems w/ you 99? I just bought a 99 santera and it is in the shop for what they think is a bad fuel pump.

csuggs
06-26-2009, 09:53 PM
My Supra manual from 1986 says to use Type A or Dexron transmission fluid in the Warner Velvet Drive. My Warner Velvet Drive manual calls out Dexron, Type F or any hydraulic fluid which meets the C-3 oil specification.

mellis
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I have only had my supra for 1 year. It had 265 hrs on it when I bought it. It now has 354. I don't think the fuel pump was replaced before I bought it, but I'm not sure. It was a one owner that trader it in on a new Malibu. I haven't had any problems with the boat as of now. Sorry I can't be more help. P.S. For the other guy that responded. I put that Synthetic ATF in the tranny and it seems fine. The website for Mobile one said it was compatible with a Dexron/Mercon III.