PDA

View Full Version : Barren River Lake Ky

michael hunter
06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I just made reservations at the state park campgrounds for this weekend.
I have never been to Barren River Lake before does anyone have any info
or dos and don'ts on that lake?

KY Steve
06-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I just made reservations at the state park campgrounds for this weekend.
I have never been to Barren River Lake before does anyone have any info
or dos and don'ts on that lake?

Barren is a great lake, one of our favorite campgrounds is Baileys Point. Now we have a place at Cumberland(even a better lake if you haven't been there), we are there almost every weekend.

At Barren, we usually found better water on the north side of the lake near the Narrows, there also used to be a ski course on the south end past the bridge.

In the mornings or early evenings around the islands near the damn is another great place to board.

The lake is plenty deep except for way back in the creeks. Peter Creek by the State Dock is pretty cool place to take a cruise back but its no ski.

Have a blast, it a nice lake...also try Cumberland, it huge.

michael hunter
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
KY Steve
Thanks for the info. My brother bought a lot on Barron that's why we are going there.
I want to check out KY its 350 miles south. I'm getting tired of the sucky weather
up north.

chautauquasun
06-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Mike are you located in tennessee? I used to live in Knoxville and we used to rent a houseboat on Norris lake and ski. That is beautiful lake. Never been to the place you are going to so I can comment....just thought I would ask where you were from.

michael hunter
06-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Mike are you located in tennessee? I used to live in Knoxville and we used to rent a houseboat on Norris lake and ski. That is beautiful lake. Never been to the place you are going to so I can comment....just thought I would ask where you were from.

I Sent you a PM