PDA

View Full Version : My 90 SunSport Classic

sunsport22
06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
not much done looking to get a tower. instead of ballast we use cement bags for now. change pulleys and other minor stuff every year to keep it running good. has alpine head unit kenwood speakers and a bazooka bass tube. heres a couple pictures for now. anybody got any ideas let me know im looking for a tower and ballast that would be hidden.

jasonba1
06-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Great looking sunsport , appears to be in great shape and super clean (great find). If you wanting to add anything custom such a tower, speakers, mirrors, etc I would try viper customs first he stocks almost everything.

Blackntan90
06-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Super nice Supra!! Wanna trade it for a 90 mariah?! J/K, welcome to the family!

87SunSportMikeyD
06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Looks great! Find the right sacs and you will be rockin! Time to surf!

michael hunter
06-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the forum.
As for towers I chose a New Dimensions for my 89 Sunsport. Its as close to stock as you can get and exact fit to your boat with no adaptors.

As for ballast 87SunSportmikeyD is our resident ballast guru do a search of his posts
or PM him.

What state do you live? What lake do you go to?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SkiDogHHRSupraPicture009.jpg

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree with Micheal The New Dimension Towers are probably one of the best towers you can buy I have Installed 4 on four different boats. (MC, Nautique, Tige' and American Skier) every one of these towers have been fairly easy to install and fit perfectly!!!

I have a friend in Texas that pushes Samson Towers they look sweet. I have never used or installed one as of yet.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Well it all depends on where you keep your boat. Do you trailer or are you on a boatlift? I wouldn't say ballast guru but I have a bit of knowledge and I'm always happy to chat. :)

saltare inverts
06-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I love the strereo side of things, and rebuilding the interiors. I am glad to chat also. I like your boat. Looks clean.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Ballast is great to hide in SunSports. Get a pair of FlyHigh V-Drive sacs they fit perfect in the open bow and it doesn't steal your storage space either! Then I used a pair of FlyHigh Locker Sacs (or tube sacs I can't remember the same sorry) and put one in the rear ski locker and one under the rear bench seat (after removing a couple support pieces that were blocking the way and re-supporting the seat).

It really needs a little more weight in the rear than that. I am adding some small flat barbell weights in open spaces in the rear to get a couple hundred more pounds in the back.

Once you weight it over 1000lbs you may need a different propellor.

saltare inverts
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM
What size prop do you have WakeMikey? I went from 12 12 to a 12 13 I think.

sunsport22
06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
hey guys sorry i have been away for a couple of days i live in missouri and we head out to all kinds of places my list is long here it is mississippi river in alton, kaskaskia river at evansville, lake of the ozarks, table rock, bull shoals, lake lou yaeger, kincaid lake ,and occasionally meramec river if its high enough. For now we just trailer we use to have a lift but just got to hectic and expensive.
wakemikey in my back ski locker there is like a big black piece of plastic do you know whats under that.
and new dimension is a little more than i want to spend i had a guy lined up to sell me a launch tower that was broken but he wont email me back.
but thanks for all the love guys

Hematoma
06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
You can always throw a Monster Tower on her. I am pleased with mine does what I need it to do and then some. Oh and you boat is supa nice man. Thumbs up.

michael hunter
06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
The gas tank is under the black plastic ski locker. You will have to support it between the tank and plastic if you want to put ballast in there.

Fman
06-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Nice looking boat, I also like the Supra swoosh in the rear, that is cool. Old school man, I like it.

knoble
06-13-2009, 01:34 AM
sunsport22,
where did you get your Bimini top from and what size is it? I like and am look for one. That one looks great!!!

:roll:

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Overton's has these bimini tops. If you call them at one of the stores they sometimes have a really good price on some items.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/catalog.cgi?cname=Bimini-Tops&r=browse&aID=601B1

wake beater
06-13-2009, 10:04 AM
what is the difference between a sunsport and a mariah.Looking at your boat (very nice) and mine and I can't see a difference,is it just interior layout.My 91 mariah has the exact same color interior and playpen.What is the best ballast system for my boat.

Supra-in-steamboat
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Instead of cement bags- try 7 gallon water jugs. They weigh @50 lbs full- and you can empty them when you pull. This is a cheap, easy option. Plumbing in permanent ballast provides you more people room and is more stylie- but weight is weight in the right spot. Good luck.
dp

sunsport22
06-13-2009, 11:50 AM
yes the top is from overtons and then we had it customed for the pole.
beater i think the mariah is a bit more shallow than a sunsport not poisitive i believe there is a history on supras website. the cement bags are 60 and they fit in the back seat holes and under the front so its nice for now.

knoble
06-13-2009, 01:49 PM
The hull is slightly different on a mariah than a sunsport but there is not much difference! I have heard that the sunsport handles and rides better.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Yep slight hull differences are pretty much it, I think. Is the amount of freeboard the same??

Dry concrete is ok but I wouldn't use more than a few hundred pounds of it.

saltare inverts
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
I use tractor weights. Nothing runs like a deer. Easy to move, have handles and its fun to watch girls stub their toes on them.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM
We took a old waterbed mattress and filed it full, laid it across the back deck of my friends american skier(yes not a supra). huge wake for a comp ski boat after that. Not something can leave back there all time though only down side.