PDA

View Full Version : wake plate

truckerhucker
06-12-2009, 09:18 AM
hey i need some pointers on the wake plate mines manual
what do you mean when you put the plate "down" how far down is down pics would be appreciated.

I wakeboard and just bought a proper wakesurf i was surfing the teak last year with a wood skim board so im stoked to be riding a bigger board this summer.

I have a 1989 supra sunsport
also does anyone know how may ppl your allowed in a 89 sunsport the police were giving me a hard time with 9 ppl last year

thanks all .

87SunSportMikeyD
06-12-2009, 01:10 PM
My 87 SUnSport says 8 people. For surfing or boarding you want the plate as far UP as it will go. Sometimes I put mine horizontal or just a touch lower and it seems to make the wake a bit more peaky for me.

Supra-in-steamboat
06-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Mikey is right about the plate. My 87 Sunsport is a manual plate- moving it requires pulling the boat, or scuba gear. I keep the plate level- to slightly above level-with the boats bottom and don't bother to ever move it. You'll read about the wave being made "longer" or "steeper" (more peaky) by adjusting the plate. With the plate about level- this is what i've had success with. To make the wave longer without adjusting the plate- ballast the bow with 50 to 250 pounds. (favor a side of course) To make it more steep and less long- favor one of the back corners. Having the boat list (lean heavily) is critical. I look to see that the swim platform is at least 4 inches below wateline on the desired side. I always run at least 50 pounds in the bow regardless. If you do adjust your plate- do a ballast free water drive test as your boat will drive, plane, and handle rough h20, a bit different. Hope this helps.
dp

wake beater
07-04-2009, 01:52 PM
I'll say handle different,my mariah feels like it want's to cat walk down the lake if you go 30 mph +,but it sure through's a huge wake.At least up to my hip,i am only 5'7" though.....

87SunSportMikeyD
07-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Gotta see a pic of that one buddy! :) :)

saltare inverts
07-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Up to your hip? Wow. Pics please.