PDA

View Full Version : engine cutting out on launch

gerdy
06-14-2009, 09:33 PM
when i go to take off the engine chokes. if i wack it again it will go. any ideas ??

saltare inverts
06-14-2009, 09:45 PM
My first suspect is water in gas. Little drops of water will clog spray nozzle in carb. When you back off the throttle they float back and let gas through. The more water, worse the problem is. By a bottle of Heet pour it into you gas tank will take care of it. If that is problem, watch were you buy gas.

gerdy
06-14-2009, 09:52 PM
hey thanks i'll give that a try

csuggs
06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Sometimes, if I try to pull a skier before getting the motor up to operating temp for a while, it will stall on the hole-shot. It actually happened twice yesterday - both times after the boat had been shut down for some time. I have attributed it to not having the motor warmed up before skiing. It always starts right up after it happens, then I throttle-up in neutral, and we're good. Maybe yours is the same? I'll watch this thread to see others thoughts.

mattyw42
06-15-2009, 05:45 PM
I had the same thing happening last year. I had a dealer do a tune up this spring and it now doesn't have any problems.

It made me happy this weekend trying to get the kids going at a drag speed. Last year it would quit and then take 10 minutes to get the kid ready to go again.

Matty