PDA

View Full Version : I found the perfect wave!

Fman
06-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I think I have finally found the perfect wake setup on my '08 Sunsport with the 750 LB rear sacs. I was told by a fellow Supra owner who I met on the lake about this combination and it put a perfect wave out.

Just fill the rear drivers side sac, do not use the front ballast. Set your wake plate all the way up and set the PP to 10.2 mph with a couple people sitting in the love seat. I noticed on the passenger side we had to increase the speed to 10.8 and put the wakeplate at 1/4 down to get a good curl, must be because the way the prop turns.

Regardless, we had riders on both sides of the wake surfing with no ropes. If you are looking for a different setup might want to give it a try. Again, I dont have the stock 400 lb sacs, not sure how it would work with that weight.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
If your front ballast is centered in the boat I would stay away from that. If you wanted to try a 400lb sac under the open bow as far towards the wall as you can get it, I think that helps.

Is there any reason you are riding starboard side and not port? Are you/your crew mostly goofy-footed?

87SunSportMikeyD
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh and lets see a pic of that perfect wave!!!!

Fman
06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
If your front ballast is centered in the boat I would stay away from that. If you wanted to try a 400lb sac under the open bow as far towards the wall as you can get it, I think that helps.

Is there any reason you are riding starboard side and not port? Are you/your crew mostly goofy-footed?

Yes the front ballast is directly in the center of the boat, I have been filling it in the past, but now I am just using the rear driver or passenger side. That 750 lb sac really drives the rear of the boat deep which is helping create a nice wave. Once the bag is filled the swim platform is a good 3-4" under water. Everyone in my family is goofy-foot other than my son. We are using drivers side much more than the passenger side. I believe they make a front bow sac specifically for the SUPRA, at this time it does not look like I am going to need it.

I am going out this Friday, I will try and snap a few pics.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah we try and get our swim platform about 3 - 4" underwater too. I put about 600 across the back and 650 along the motor in my dd. Then I put 400lbs under the bow, but I slide it as far to one side as possible, and then slide it as far towards the rear of the boat as the bow will allow. You're lucky to surf starboard because the drivers side is there too!

Personally I wouldn't ever get a normal bow sac because it fills up the ENTIRE open bow storage and it also it waaaayyyy more weight than you'll ever need up front imho.

I went with two v-drive sacs in the bow, they are totally out of the way and more than enough weight at 800 total lbs and if I want I can fill one or the other.

Glad you're getting that choice wave cause that is AWESOME!!

We should start a new thread called post up your surf wave!

rwadlow
06-30-2009, 02:41 PM
We fill the driver side bag all the way full , leave the 35 pound anchor sitting on the side, along with a heavy cooler. Then put the wakeplate on 0 and IT WORKS great. Better when a few buddies sit in that corner too but we can still wakesurf just fine just me driving and my husband surfing, or vice versa. When it is just us 2 we set perfect pass at 10.2 if the boat is loading down with people we use 10.8

I don't like the way the boat handles when the middle "flying high" fat sac is filled up . Makes me feel like Im driving a school bus LOL

Some pics of the wake

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9535/aa2pxj.jpg (http://img524.imageshack.us/i/aa2pxj.jpg/)

[boat with some friends in the corner for weight LOL (he was just trying to learn)

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1885/aaimg2022.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/i/aaimg2022.jpg/)

just me and my husband me driving and taking a pic wow LOL (wakeplate on ZERO) drivers side sac full w/ anchor and cooler on that side

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5552/aawake.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/aawake.jpg/)

jonyb
06-30-2009, 06:40 PM
I'll have to try that. I've been filling the front bag completely full, rear port side bag full, and last weekend added a 600# bag on top of the melter. Biiiiig wake, but doesn't seem to have much of a curl.

nicksterious
07-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I have an 08 sunsport 24 as well. You inspired me to check out the 750# bag.

I put it on the passenger side since its so much harder to shape that side (having to compensate for the driver - hah). The wake was so nice, I went back and bought one for the other side. Thanks for the tip!

Just tried wakeboarding with both rear 750#'s full and the center full - WOW, huge, steep wake at 20mph.

NICE...

87SunSportMikeyD
07-03-2009, 11:50 AM
how big is your center ballast?

saltare inverts
07-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice wave, hang ten.

nicksterious
07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
It still has the original gravity games center bag in it, which I guess is 1100#?

not sure...

21V_Zach10
07-31-2009, 03:28 PM
I have a '04 21V. When surfing with like 7-9 people on board I have a huge and great wake...However when I have a driver and two passengers my wake seems to be struggling a bit. I have 3 ballast bags. A center, back left, and back right. I also have a wake plate.

I don't expect the wake to be as good as it is with full boat of people, but is there any thing that I can to improve the wake with just a couple people on the boat?

This is my typical set up: Fill back left bag up all the way, fill center about half, wake plate almost all the way down, two people sitting on the back left corner of the boat, and going 9.5-10.5 mph.

I get a very steep short wake when I do this (like a wall of water). It doesnt have a good curl to it, and there is too much white wash on the top, and it isnt long enough.

I'd appretaite any advice on how to improve my wake (make it longer, and better curl) better. Thanks.

jonyb
07-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Zach have you tried it with the wake plate up?

21V_Zach10
08-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Like completly up...so like no wake plate at all? yeah but the wake just seems to become too flat and not have enough force behind the surfer.

Putting the wake plate down makes the wake bigger and more steep correct?

87SunSportMikeyD
08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
If the pocket is too short you probably need to add a little more weight in the bow.

Describe exactly how far down is your wakeplate? I run with mine almost all the way up.