PDA

View Full Version : 91 Sunsport Speaker Size ?

Montgomery
06-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I just kinda always assumed they were 6.5" for some reason but now that they have crapped out and I have them pulled out they are definitely not 6.5". I'm guessing they're more like 5.25". Does anyone know if I can fit 6.5" speakers in the rear speaker location ? I know I can't in the front but it seems they'd fit in the rear. (That sounds mildly dirty lol)

87SunSportMikeyD
06-16-2009, 05:53 PM
MONTYYYYYYY you are alive my friend how the f are you buddy!

Well I remember thinking that too but the hole is smaller than 6.5. I think it's only 6.5 when you measure to where the screws will go. Remember that you may need slim depth speakers too depending on how deep your rear gunwhales are. Gunwhale depth is more narrow in stearn of boat that midship.

POST UP YOUR BOAT MAN! Hows your ballast system workin lately?

Montgomery
06-16-2009, 06:14 PM
What Up What Up

Yes I am alive lol I've just been retardedly (yeah that's a word) busy lately. The ballast system is working beautifully I need to take new pics and post em up. My engine problem aka my chocolate milk problem was apparently some freak occurrence and I still have no clue how it happened, and last but not least my new transmission is working flawlessly so all in all it's been a very good start to the season. As soon as I get my speakers replaced and finish my platform LED install I should be complete. So what's been up with you ?

87SunSportMikeyD
06-16-2009, 07:56 PM
New stereo rules but my alt konked out. New prop rules. Still trying to get the carb dialed in. I'm trying to get my rear ski locker sac and my rear bench seat sac to be on the same Simer pump. Gravity wants to drain the top sac into the bottom sac if they are directly connected. Once I get that figured out it will be two pumps, four sacs, fully auto. Also gotta put the overflows in.

So we got a 5 ch amp to power 4x cabin 6.5's, 1x12"sub and Kicker KMT6 tower speakers. 2nd battery with SurePower combiner. New prop ACME#913 13x10.5. Fresh Air Exhaust RULES! Refinished teak platform looks great.

Montgomery
06-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I really need to re-prop my boat and get or make FAE System I'm sure that will be on the agenda for the Fall and Winter months

87SunSportMikeyD
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I am stingy with my money but the new prop feels like it could rip your arms off, and the FAE is so quiet you forget it's idling. Seriously all you hear when planed off 20mph is water off the hull, the pullies turning, engine inside the motor box. When you crank a big turn she rumbles just right. FAE is $50 off now and my prop was $350 thru NettleProps.com

Montgomery
06-16-2009, 09:10 PM
It will definitely be worth it when I finally get around to it. I need to win the lottery lol

Irish_Jack
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Hot boat by-the-way! I had stock 5.25" Boston's in mine when I got it. I used my body saw to enlarge the holes so I could install my Polk Momo 6.5 component speakers. My crossovers are all mounted behind the starboard kick panel under the helm. They are powered by an Alpine V12 and an Alpine deck. It looks stock and it sounds ridiculous!

I like the "Big Block" Decals... I did the same thing to mine...:cool:
https://forum.supraboats.com/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=306

Montgomery
07-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks ;) Isn't your boat on WakesideRides ? I remember checking it out a while back. I found out that 6.5" speakers will fit in my factory holes (I'm assuming they're the factory size) so now all I have to do is save some extra $$$ so I can throw some polks in there to match the tower

87SunSportMikeyD
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Don't forget to measure the depth to see if you need slims especially in the rear.

Irish your boat is looking mighty sick!!!

Irish_Jack
07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks ;) Isn't your boat on WakesideRides ? I remember checking it out a while back. I found out that 6.5" speakers will fit in my factory holes (I'm assuming they're the factory size) so now all I have to do is save some extra $$$ so I can throw some polks in there to match the tower

Polk marine should fit right in with little or no modification... But the Momo series Polks have massive 5.2" magnets on the back and a reinforced speaker frame... That was the only reason I had to round out the holes a little. My depth was good too. I only about a half inch gap on the rear speakers though. The rears were the easy ones to do. The front sweaters were a bitch!
Google search or go on ebay. It might take a while to find Momo's because they are a little hard to come by... Next stop for me is a sub... You should see the Momo steering wheels they make--GOOD GOD!

Montgomery
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I have the DB651 speakers on the tower and I really like em so I'm planning on running them inside the boat as well, I have a 10" Type-R up under the driver's footwell and it sounds awesome

Irish_Jack
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Amen, that's exactly were I'm thinking of puting my sub too. There's so much room under there... it's kind of a no-brainer.:cool:

Montgomery
07-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I thought about taking my heater out for the summer so I could put back up in there a little farther so my dog can have her "cave" back, she likes to get up in there and pass out in the middle of the day