PDA

View Full Version : **help**

gerdy
06-16-2009, 06:19 PM
i took of my super traps and my speedo pick ups off too reseal everything and water started coming out of the speedo and trap holes.. so theres water where it shouldent be suprise! suprise! what should i do? has anyone drilled and installed drain holes in the back.? not one of supras better designs..:confused:

csuggs
06-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Gerdy - don't get too excited just yet. Let the water drain for as long as it will come out. You can drill 1/8" drain holes on the inside of the stringer near the transom as low to the hull as you can get - just drill through the glass, not the wood. This will aid in letting some of the water drain into the bilge area. Holes can be plugged later or you can leave them open to keep draining if you don't experience water in your bilge from the lake. This may sound crazy and is probably not for everybody, but it's what I did and seemed to work pretty well. Also, I drilled two 4" holes through the floor under the rear seat and bored through the foam all the way to the hull. I could then vacuum the water out with a shop-vac. I bought 4" plastic inspection plates to cover the holes which are under the seat anyway so you can't see them. Just be careful not to hit floor supports or your exhaust tubing (Drill through the floor with a hole saw, then stop and use a blunt object to remove the foam)
Like I said, drilling holes in a boat doesn't seem right and it's probably not for everyone, but it has worked well for me so far. Keeping in mind that there is probably a rebuild in the future for this boat, I really have no regrets. I figure I've still got a couple of good years of skiing left before the rebuild becomes necessary.

gerdy
06-16-2009, 09:48 PM
thanks csuggs sounds good. i started to seal the super traps piece of cake..