PDA

View Full Version : wake boards

gerdy
06-18-2009, 11:04 PM
does anyone have a wake board they recomend.

thescott
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
need some more info. Ht and Wt, skill level, etc. What are you looking for? Is this your first board? Will you be the only one using, or are you looking to get a "community" board?

87SunSportMikeyD
06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I personally ride Liquid Force

wake beater
06-20-2009, 09:50 AM
o'brian , player

jasonba1
06-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Liquid force all the way or slingshot, depends on what you want begginer or advanced board?

gerdy
06-21-2009, 09:27 AM
need some more info. Ht and Wt, skill level, etc. What are you looking for? Is this your first board? Will you be the only one using, or are you looking to get a "community" board?

im 5' 9'' 200lb it is the first board im going to be buying. i do snowboard and do some wakeboarding but i would say im far from pro..

jasonba1
06-21-2009, 04:34 PM
slingshot will have a lot of flex kind of like a snow board but it is pretty loose. If your just beggining I would probably go with the Liquid Force PS3, or the axis or maybe even the trip . Both boards are good to start on but you can defintly grow into them as well

sunsport22
06-22-2009, 02:39 PM
im not close to a pro but i love my hyperlite imperial with slingshot driver ss boots its perfect the board is real wide and very soft and the boots are so comfortable but i rode a state before that its a perfect starter

mapleleaf
06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Hyperlite motives over here, I got it used, haven't riddin yet, getting anxious!!!! Should be a pretty cushy ride, soft landing's still with a little pop...
Gotta have that pop!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
There are tons of good boards out there. Are you okay buying new? If so go to a local shop and find out if they have a demo program. Gotta try 'em till you find the board you love.

TayTay
06-26-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm 6' 210lbs and I ride a CWB Faction. It is my first board. I would consider myself somewhere between beginner and intermediate. The thing I like most about this board is the hinge bindings. I dont know if any other manufacturers use that technology but they are so easy to get in and out of. I really like the board, but I haven't really ridden anything since I became a decent wakeboarder. I agree with demo-ing the boards. Thats what I did and how I found mine. I actually bought the demo in the winter for $300 bucks so I got a pretty sweet deal. I will probably start looking for a new board this fall when they all go on sale. Good luck with your search!

87SunSportMikeyD
06-26-2009, 01:11 PM
The CWB Hinge is patented so no one else is using it and it is AWESOME technology. However, other manufacturers are no longer using a two piece (top of foot and rear/heel of foot) upper to construct the binding. They use a single piece outer shell and a single piece inner liner (some have a tongue like a snowboard boot but those can pinch, the best are single piece). They are also using a feaux-silk material for where the inner liner contacts your feet. You are suppossed to put them on dry and using slime is actually bad. Once you are riding and they stretch out a bit they go on and off very easily while wet. They pretty much pop off when you loosen the laces or velcro (depending on which model) and twist your foot and it pops out.

Montgomery
06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
o'brian , player

FTW ! ! ! Been riding mine for 4 seasons (this season being my 4th) and I absolutely love it

suprakid1
07-12-2009, 02:48 PM
I ride a 2007 hyperlite era with cwb torq hinge bindings. the era is a great board with good pop and soft landings and the hinge bindings came off my old cwb but i didn't want to spend the money on new bindings and then hinge is the best. And the board has sweet graphics just a plus.

Irish_Jack
07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
I love my Hyperlite Motive 134. Plush Pro II Bindings. It's got tons of pop, good ride height, and excellent control. I've had mine for about three years.
The most important thing is the correct size for your weight and height...

Montgomery
07-13-2009, 08:48 PM
The O'brien Player is by far the best board I've ever ridden EVER . . . . . EVER ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! No but seriously imo it is one of the best all around boards out there, the O'brien Natural is also an awesome board with crazy pop but imo you have more control on the Player. Just my .02

Montgomery
07-13-2009, 08:49 PM
ha ha I just realized I already replied to this once before :oops: lol

gerdy
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
The O'brien Player is by far the best board I've ever ridden EVER . . . . . EVER ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! No but seriously imo it is one of the best all around boards out there, the O'brien Natural is also an awesome board with crazy pop but imo you have more control on the Player. Just my .02

what is the imo and who makes it??

Montgomery
07-13-2009, 09:25 PM
lol imo = in my opinion

gerdy
07-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Ahh.. DUH!!:rolleyes:

mapleleaf
07-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Come on Monte really, How do you feel about the O'brien??
LOL

Montgomery
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
I sleep with it sometimes when I'm lonely ;)

Fman
08-01-2009, 12:14 AM
I'll second the CWB Faction, I am 6'1 195 lbs, riding a 144. I am a beginner to intermediate rider. The hinge bindings are awesome, and I like the control of the board. It is a dual fin setup, I have not ridden a tri-fin board yet. It spins easily on the water and seems to cut nicely. I also like the all black look of the board, matches my boat ;)

EVOGEAR.COM had them on sale, I picked mine up for $249 shipped to my door.

blaze5012
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Guess there arent many guys on Ronix boards on here, I have last years Ronix One 137, and I just got new One boots from this year. I love this combo and the pop of the one has really helped me move over the last two summers from simple jumps to inverts and even a few raileys.
________
health store (http://herbalhealthshop.com)