PDA

View Full Version : Getting Better

saltare inverts
06-20-2009, 02:06 AM
Third nite up until 1:00 working on boat. Got rear locker lid built, coated and upholstered. Got Led all in, six blue strips. Got new rudder on with new steering cable. Rewelded prop gaurd. Reattached all side guide boards. New 140 amp alternator. Replaced all connectors to battery, alt and new ignition switch. Hundreds of other minor things. Too many to remember this late. Getting stoked to ride butter.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-21-2009, 12:11 AM
WOW!!!! CONGRATS MAN that is commitment. That rear seat looks totally great and I would love to see more. Is it gonne hold ballast underneith??

saltare inverts
06-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Yea, I made it to fit a tube sac. That is main reason for changing seat from angled corners to square. There are a couple things I will rebuild but overall I am very happy with how it turned out. Went out yesterday. That Alt from DB was great. I have never had my volts reading over 10.5. They were at 12.5 all day. Cant wait to rebuild bow cushions. My wife is going to kill me.

Hematoma
06-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Salt did you do the cushions yourself? If so I hate you:mad:J/k they look good! Better than my ghetto cushions.

saltare inverts
06-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks, big complement from the looks of your sweet ride. Yes I did them myself. I even figured out some tricks to make them better next time. I think I might recover a couple. You wouldnt believe it, but a few tips and its not that hard. I want to do more. What dont you like about yours, Hematoma? 87SunsportMikeyd, how do you load more than 2 picturs to this site? I can only load 2 at a time and most of my pics dont work at all. I saw a thread were you said you did it from Wakeworld. Wats up, share the knowledge please.

Hematoma
06-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks, big complement from the looks of your sweet ride. Yes I did them myself. I even figured out some tricks to make them better next time. I think I might recover a couple. You wouldnt believe it, but a few tips and its not that hard. I want to do more. What dont you like about yours, Hematoma? 87SunsportMikeyd, how do you load more than 2 picturs to this site? I can only load 2 at a time and most of my pics dont work at all. I saw a thread were you said you did it from Wakeworld. Wats up, share the knowledge please.Mainly I dont like mine becuase they dont match the front. The front has piping and the cushions are sewn so that the edges are square. The ones I did in the back taper down around the edges YUCK! It is a tempary setup anyways. I hope to get them in the shop this week to be done again.

mapleleaf
06-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Boat looks great !, Gotta love those 1 am sesh's...
Setting the bar pretty high for us DIY interior guyz!
Your gonna have a great time on the water...
I'm on vaca and use'in a laptop, this thing's weird, I gotta get outta the stone ages!!
Keep yo rudda in da wata...

87SunSportMikeyD
06-22-2009, 12:49 PM
maple - you gotta keep your shiz wet lololol

inverts - I upload my pics somewhere else. No offense to this site but at wakeboarder.com you can upload any size (filesize or pixel size) pic and it will automatically resize it, and you can choose between large and medium versions of the pic. Then just right click on the pic and click properties and copy the image location. The in your post type (without the spaces): [ img ]PASTE-LINK-HERE[ / img ] and it's done. Post as many as you like. :)

Check out all my new pics on my pride and joy thread too yo

saltare inverts
06-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the help WakeMikey. Your boat is looking good. Real good.

mapleleaf
06-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I thought I'd never ask, but here goes....
I have only had time to redo two of seat cushions, pre vaca, and get back into it when I get home, my problem is rounding the corner's.
I did it just like your's with a long narrow strip sewn to a square/rectangle to create room for the foam..
I hope it's like everything, you get better with time, first one was so so, second a little better...
Any tricks to keeping that turn smooth on the sewing machine????

jasonba1
06-23-2009, 10:43 PM
mapleleaf your doing great dont get down yet. I admire all of you for doing your work Im so impressed by all of it I paid someone to do all of mine and I am very very very happy but I think its great and so self rewarding when you do you own. I helped build a 57 chevy with my grandfather as a kid and I will never forget the time I spent it was great

mapleleaf
06-23-2009, 10:49 PM
mapleleaf your doing great dont get down yet. I admire all of you for doing your work Im so impressed by all of it I paid someone to do all of mine and I am very very very happy but I think its great and so self rewarding when you do you own. I helped build a 57 chevy with my grandfather as a kid and I will never forget the time I spent it was great

Hey Man I'm lov'in it,it is a bit of a rollercoaster, on the DIY budget, and I wish I was using it more, but that'll all come with time...
Then I guess all I'll do is go boating??? NO work??LOL can't ever really be done all the projects!!!!

saltare inverts
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Put thread length as long as possible. Use your whole body to move material through machine, not your arms. I know it sounds weird. The idea is to use your whole body and the stitch stays even and smooth. If you use your arms it will be uneven. Too many joints in arms to pivot and get out of smooth alignment.

mapleleaf
06-28-2009, 09:43 PM
makes sense...my elbows messed up a cushion top already.....
Vacation time now....sewing later, boats running great, a bit small, but I'm hav'in the time of my life, should'a gotta boat a longtime ago.....

saltare inverts
06-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Its a great addiction. I just got back from Bull Shoals lake. I averaged 8.2 hours a day of the boat actually pulling something. So my daily average time on boat was 12 hours a day. Even did several nite wakeboard sessions. Nothing like wakeboarding at 1:00 a.m. Boat ran awesome, all work is paying off. Thanks to everyone here for all the tech help.

mapleleaf
06-29-2009, 09:47 AM
12 hours is a good haul, any idea on how much run time per tank of gas/mileage??
Seems like I'm do'in 4-6 hours at about 20 mph....
I think that's per 20 gallon's.....

87SunSportMikeyD
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Dang sounds fun I'm too afraid to drive fast at night, do you have halogen tower lights???

saltare inverts
06-29-2009, 08:20 PM
I ran through 30 to 40 gallons of gas a day. Yes I have tower lights. Four for the rider and two to see in front. I go were I know the lake well. I also have the rider wear a glow stick on front and back of Lifevest. Also, no previous drinking is allowed. Wait till after. Really neat to cut outside the wake and you cant see much but boat and the glowing reflectionof moon and tower lights on the wave wash.

89 supra
06-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Holy crap thats allot of gas I go through only 15 gal in an 8 hour weekend of surfing and wakeboarding. I have the 351w, are you guys running big blocks?

mapleleaf
06-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Holy crap thats allot of gas I go through only 15 gal in an 8 hour weekend of surfing and wakeboarding. I have the 351w, are you guys running big blocks?

No I've got the 351w, just don't have a lot of hours in it to know how accurate the gas gauge is , but it seems like every 4-6 hours depending on skiing or boarding, I'm in the 15 -20 gal. range.....

87SunSportMikeyD
06-30-2009, 10:50 AM
-I go through only 15 gal in an 8 hour weekend of surfing and wakeboarding-
Sounds right for me w/ 351 even when weighted

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-30-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm at: 4.6 gallons per hour. With new prop 14.25x 14.5
5.4 Gallons per hour with original prop 13.75 x 17.5

saltare inverts
06-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah I wonder if fuel mileage is worse than it should be. But this is constant stop and goe when boarders fall. Usually 8 to 9 or more in boat and some cruise trips of thirty to 1 hour long. Boat has a 454 and is 23.6 foot long.