PDA

View Full Version : Ballast issues

Bazel
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Does anyone else have issues getting the bags to empty? Mine always seem to have a ton of water in them, primarily the one side and it is well above the hose level so it is not sucking air. Also I noticed that when I flip a single switch to fill all 3 are running.

Any thoughts?

thescott
06-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Yup - I always have the same issue with the bags not emptying all the way. Couple things I do:
Flip the ballast switches to empty on the way up the ramp. If the ramp isn't crowded, I'll even open the rear lockers and pull the front of the bags up and drape them over the transom as well, this gets most of the water out of the rears.
Also - they only drain SO much while you're on plane. On the way back to the ramp, a lot of times I'll just run about 10-12 mph with the plate all the way up and drain. Helps a little.

The front bag...I'm stumped there. ALWAYS has a tone of water left when I get home. Disconnecting all the bags and pulling them/draining has just become one of my post trip routines.

There was someone on here a while ago who was going to make a ramp or something to put in the ski lockers to force the water back to the hoses...I don't remember what ever happened with that.

Fman
06-22-2009, 05:11 PM
I have had similiar results at times, somtimes they will drain completely and other times there will be some water left in them. Doing the launch ramp routine definitely helps empty them out. I also leave the empty ON after we are done and while driving the boat it drains water to the rear of the sacs which helps drains 95% of the water out. Might also want to check and make sure nothing is plugged up in your lines, with the filter there should be no problems, but disconnecting and checking would not be a bad idea.

I have noticed since I installed the 750 LB sacs, they drain better than the 400 LB sacs. The 750's are quite a bit shorter in length which allows the water to drain a little easier.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Are they aerator pumps or reversable pumps?