PDA

View Full Version : 88 Saltare PIMPED $14999 (OBO - Robbinsdale, MN)

87SunSportMikeyD
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Not my boat but wanted to post it up because it's really been taken care of! Just needs ballast and it'll be a monster. Maybe they just forgot to list the ballast... Sure is sweet lookin I would love to have a bigger swim platform, new captains chair, speakers in bow, etc.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/1229404639.html

wotan2525
06-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Wow.... they've been trying to sell that for almost 2 years now. It doesn't have any mention to what they did with the stringers. I'd be worried.

That being said.... I LOVE the interior on that boat. I'd love it if mine looked that nice.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. replaced carpet and interior but no mention of floor or stringers. It's a lot to put in an ad though, probably better to ask in person. Sure is pretty!!

mapleleaf
06-23-2009, 01:01 PM
yeah nice looking rig, wish I had all those goodies.....
Does it have a motor!!!LOL haha

saltare inverts
06-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Seems a little to pricey.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Yea gotta say boat is super clean, but at same time the year of the boat etc seems a little over priced. Still great looking

Salty87
06-24-2009, 11:18 AM
lots of work done to that boat. could be well done, could be the previous owner from hell too.

the nautique capt's chair makes me wonder. looks like all of the interior teak is gone, that's nice. the swim platform looks like it's from a nautique too. it's wide in the middle but not much room on the ends.

lots of that work and those accessories aren't going to get your money back at resale though. i agree, overpriced and a total rip-off if the stringers and floor haven't been replaced.

FecalFajita
06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah, that's been on craigslist for a while...I don't think I could trust someone who removed the awesome love seat/drivers seat.

Salty87
06-24-2009, 01:45 PM
it's so hard comparing different years of boats already, and i had to look at those pics a couple of times....i don't think that's a saltare.

mariah?

mapleleaf
06-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I've been looking for some of those parts....and sure am glad I didn't pay what he says he paid.......
ski it again swim platforms $200 new

Ha, I just put tires on my truck wanna give a thousand more for it???? LOL

87SunSportMikeyD
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Hah your guess is probably better than mine! I thought it looked too long to be a Mariah on that dual axle trailer.

gerdy
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
lots of work done to that boat. could be well done, could be the previous owner from hell too.

the nautique capt's chair makes me wonder. looks like all of the interior teak is gone, that's nice. the swim platform looks like it's from a nautique too. it's wide in the middle but not much room on the ends.

lots of that work and those accessories aren't going to get your money back at resale though. i agree, overpriced and a total rip-off if the stringers and floor haven't been replaced.

i think its a rip off either way. you can get a lot newer boat for that kind of money. its a nice looking boat but like you said your not gona get every penny out of resale.. that guy is baked...

87SunSportMikeyD
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I have been seeing 95 Nautique Super Sports (first v-drive) for $16000 but that is a blank boat, no tower or nothin

DKJBama92Mariah
06-26-2009, 10:00 PM
That's a Mariah. Freeboard is too short, beam is too narrow, and the playpen is too shallow to be a Saltare.

mapleleaf
06-26-2009, 11:17 PM
not to mention the condition of the RED trailer, missing guide pole???? If so, how are the brakes??

TayTay
06-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I am curious why you would but a natique chair in a Supra. Why not go get a newer Supra chair? Plus it doesn't look like it matches the rest of the boat. I am color blind and I still notice it so that is pretty bad, haha. Just my two cents. I would be weary. It irritates me when people throw thousands and thousands of dollars into something and then expect to get what they put into back out when they sell it. People need to realize that "upgrading" things doesn't neccesarilly add value to your boat, car, etc. It looks clean but it is still a 21 year old boat...

Green23
07-06-2009, 03:09 PM
the fact that it says "pimped" in the title should tip you off

87SunSportMikeyD
07-07-2009, 09:08 AM
I wrote that, not the seller.

If your old wooden captains chair is starting to go to crap, what are you gonna do? They obviously went the classy route and bought a nice new chair. This one may have a bolster and may have more vertical lift than our OEM captains chairs. I looked at many possible replacements for mine but never found something that wasn't overpriced. These same Nautique captains chairs were recommended to me by others on WakeWorld so it is a common thing to replace. At $350 for a single chair, you can start to see why new wake boats are SO expensive.....

Also if you really didn't like it I bet he would remove the chair from the boat and the price and give you the OEM one. Same for other things you didn't like. Picky Picky Picky.

Since the boat has had a custom paint job, I wouldn't doubt it used to be red, or white with red accents, thus the red trailer. Mariah would have single axle.

I just don't think it's right to slam his boat on this forum.