PDA

View Full Version : spider cracks in the gel coat of an 07

wolff
06-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I have two spider cracks that I saw about a month ago and they grew about a 1" in the last month.
i am having the dealer fix them this week.

I was wondering if this is a comon thing i should be watching for??
Also when i see them should I have them fix?? If I would not have fixed will they hurt anything??

Fman
06-27-2009, 02:26 AM
I looked at a Tige before I bought my Supra and it had spider cracks around the tower mounts. I think this is common from the flexing of the boat. As long as your warrantied I would have the dealer continue to fix them. Will not affect the performance or strength of the boat.

TayTay
06-27-2009, 09:18 AM
I have cracks around the front mounts of my tower as well. I think that is just what happens if you ride alot.

I am also noticing them around where the swim deck brackets are mounted to the transom. Is that normal or should I take it in to get looked at? I dont have a warranty so it would be out of pocket to get anything fixed!

Supra_Launch21V
07-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Nope. I have an 07 21v. That year they had a problem with the coloring agent in the gelcoat. I had cracks all over my boat. They will repair it at no cost (warranty). You may have to complain since your warranty is out of date.

I was told this is very common across the manufacturers that used that brand coloring agent. Don't settle for the cracks. They repaired mine perfectly.