PDA

View Full Version : 40 MPH jetski crashes into side of boat

c43amg
06-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Here are some pics of a 77 cobalt a customer owned since new showed up with today for me to estimate. jetski owner did NOT have insurence.

klewis
06-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Wow, cracked all the way through! I hope everyone is ok.

Not sure how well I would handle an idiot without insurance doing that to my boat.

Memmer99
06-24-2009, 08:02 PM
I wanna see the jet ski, Hope that guy's alive to tell the story. Isn't insurance on a jet ski like 50 bucks a year?

Hematoma
06-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Damn! I really dont have anything against jet skis. I've been know to ride them. But they do need something that can stop them or slow them down if the rider falls off. My wife and I watched a 3 seater glide about 75 yrds with out riders before it stopped. It could have caused a real problem if someone would have been anchored just chillin. Down here we have just as many TARDS driving boats as ski's. If I had the option I will take a ski hitting me over a boat anyday. Hope everyone was ok.

mapleleaf
06-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Not to be selfish, I hope everybody came out alright, I was hoping your comp was far enough along to have room for the Cobalt! Both those old girls deserve to be back in the water!!!Maybe yours first!!!LOL

DKJBama92Mariah
06-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I had a similar PWC incident with my boat several years back, not that severe though. I was docked and got t-boned by a PWC going 10-15mph. There's a thread about it in the archives.

I rode PWCs from age 9 to about 17. My banana-color 96 seadoo XP is still covered, on the trailer, out at my folks house. I figure for the $750 its worth, I'll just keep the dang thing.

I don't think the problem is so much the PWC as it is knucklehead between the seat and the handlebars.

What really gets scary is when that same knucklehead graduates from a PWC to a wakeboat or go-fast.