PDA

View Full Version : My new 04 SSV Gravity Games Supra

12-07-2003, 09:54 PM
I just traded my 98 mobius in for an 04 Blue Gravity Games SSV. I have advanced my wakeboarding skills and wanted to upgrade to a V drive after wakeboarding most of the summer behind my friend's 03 Malibu wakesetter VLX.

Since I have had no problems at all with my Moomba, I knew I would stick to Moomba or Supra. Even though I loved the Malibu Wakesetter, I like the quality and price of Supra plus I am tremendously satisfied with my Supra dealer in Anderson, Indiana. I was in "shock and awe" when I saw the 04 Blue Launch SSV gravity games boat. I assume that the wake will be comparable with the Malibu Wakesetter VLX and therefore priced out the boat and began the deal.

To make a long story short, I am in the middle of trading my boat in for the new 04 SSV, as mentioned above, but can't test the wake out yet due to the cold december weather in Indiana. I want to know if any of you have wakeboarded behind an 03 wakesetter VLX, and an 03 or 04 Gravity Games Supra Launch SSV. Are the wakes comparable? Am I able to adjust the Supra wake with the wake plate to shape the wake lip to match the Malibu's wake shape? The current ballast system is the 1100 pound system. Should I upgrade from the 600 pounds center, 500 (250 each side) pounds back to a 1000 pounds center, 1100 (550 each side) pounds back or is the wake size with the standard 1100 pound system enough to match the Malibu Wakesetter wake?

Last of all, has anyone had experience, good or bad, with the swing-away tongues on trailers. I am interested in adding that option so I can back the boat straight into my garage.

Thanks for your feedback,
Bryon